Re: Origin In-game not working.

by KourtneiW

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. In game just does not work in any game.

Tried so far:

Re-installing game

Re-Installing Origin

Installing older version or origin

Installing beta version of origin

Tried in windowed mode

Tried with v-sync on and off

Tried disabling and re-enabling in game option

I have replaced the IGO32 DLL file

I have removed dll files, and re-installed

Rebound the overlay key

Tried running as administrator

Tried running in compatibility mode

Tried installing in a different location

Tried cleaning my registry and re-installing

Tried turning off all my running programs one by one including AV by killing services.

It should not be this difficult to make this work. Steam overlay does not have this problem, it just works.

I have googled the * out of this issue and i'm now * off with it.

Message 31 of 39 (3,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did this and nothing changed i still cannot open origin in-game when im at the star wars battlefront menu

Message 32 of 39 (2,997 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My Origin SAYS that In-Game is enabled (it's checked). My TS4 game says it's not. It tells me to go into Origin and set it to Enabled. I can't, because it already is. Also, it won't let me change it to NOT enabled, so that I can change it BACK. It also won't let me change it back and forth to All Games. It seems to be stuck. I think this is only since the last two updates. I just remember that before, I could see the purchasable stuff for TS4, but now when I click on that button, it tells me to enable Origin In-Game.

I'm already running as an administrator, and I do NOT want to download or use the newest BETA version. I've had problems with THAT, before, and won't go there.

Hopefully this issue is already being addressed. It's not crucial to me, but I wonder what happened.

Message 33 of 39 (2,962 Views)

★★ Novice

You're a legend mate. Been struggling with this issue for the last few days. I tried a clean install of Origin and all my games but it didn't work. I even phoned EA in the United Kingdom but they couldn't help. So I disabled Avast Antivirus like you said and voila! Thanks a bunch:D

Message 34 of 39 (2,911 Views)

Re: Can't open origin in-game!

★★★ Newbie

do you know if it will still work for windows 10

Message 35 of 39 (2,476 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 'Origin in game' does not work - not able to play with friends.

★★★★★ Newbie
Problem should be in our files. Somehow it seems application UI isn't connected and I don't know how to connect it again. Only thing is to wait until origin will get updated and it will fix that issue. But I don't want to wait....
Message 36 of 39 (2,115 Views)

★ Novice

It was the antivirus disabled until I find a different fix but I shut off Avast and it worked

Message 37 of 39 (1,811 Views)

★ Novice

A simple fix I have found was to host the game like normal and the friend you want to join to go to the main menu then alt-tab to the origin client and click on your name "join game" and vola.

Message 38 of 39 (1,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't see a general in origin

Message 39 of 39 (1,017 Views)