No fix for Dead Space 3 crash on startup

by tekismo

Original Post

No fix for Dead Space 3 crash on startup

★★★ Newbie

I purchased Dead Space 3 a couple of days ago, and it crashed on startup with no particualr error message besides "windows is closing program". I've spent over an hour with tech support chaisng probably every possible solution and still no answer. My ticket was meant to upgraded and contacted via email, but I havent heard from EA yet. This is the first time a game has'nt worked at all on my machine...all I can say is WTF?

Message 1 of 5 (3,411 Views)

Re: No fix for Dead Space 3 crash on startup

Community Manager

This could be caused by a range of issues from video drivers to a corrupt Windows User Profile.

First, try running these setup files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

Make sure you have all important Windows Updates installed, also .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.
Be sure your video drivers and particularly your audio drivers are up-to-date.
Update motherboard firmware if you are using on-board sound.
Your Windows User account should have full admin privileges.
Run your GPU at stock speeds, not overclocked or factory overclocked.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (3,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All updates installed, ran as admin in separate admin profile. Turned off crossfire, ran stock settings. All non widnows servcies turned off on startup. 

I think i have to return this game, I've never had to go so much effort to play anything else. And I still actually havent had the chance to play this Frown

Message 3 of 5 (3,409 Views)

Community Manager

Try a full clean reinstall of your video drivers.

barry.png
Message 4 of 5 (3,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tekismo Dead Space (1-2-3) fix updated 7/28/2021, you just have to allow the game that is giving an error when opening it through the firewall.
Message 5 of 5 (2,069 Views)