Re: Is there a way to re-map controls for a PS3 controller?

by Letsio

Original Post

[Old Report] Is there a way to re-map controls for a PS3 controller?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My PC recognizes my PS3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller. In Dead Space, the actions are assigned to my controller as such. Therefore, the buttons to shoot and use the weapon's special are on L2 and R2, which is awkward for a PS3 controller, because they are recognized as the trigger buttons on a 360.

I've tried finding it in the options, but there isn't a way to adjust the key bindings for the controller, only the keyboard. Is there any way to do it for the controller?

Message 1 of 7 (4,760 Views)

★ Novice

I know this post is 6 years old, but having the same issue here.

The problem though is not that the game recognizes the PS3 controller as an XBOX, the problem is that the game does not seem to have Playstation button prompts on the PC version.

Message 2 of 7 (4,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dead Space video game is based on the third game in the trilogy, "Dead Space". The game is developed by Glen Schofield, who also handles the storyline for the first two games. The game is based on a sci-fi horror franchise and features a series of first person shooter video games, and has two movies and a number of novels and comics written by series author Vince Gann. In the main plotline, you have to save the Earth from being sucked into an alien black hole, as well as trying to survive in the devastated colony base. For more information, visit - http://insider.games/best-horror-games/ . 

The video game has a very distinctive look that sets it apart from its competitors. It is a 3D action game, which features a lot of shooting and gore, as well as intense action sequences. The player has to go through all levels of the game in order to complete the game, and can upgrade the weapons he/she is using in order to make the gun more effective. The weapons are very powerful, however, and you have to be careful not to damage the environment. In addition to this, the graphics are also quite amazing.

There are many similarities with other first person shooters games like Call of Duty, but the game is much different. As mentioned earlier, Dead Space makes use of a 3D engine and features a lot of shooting and gore. The enemies you will face are extremely fast and can easily kill you within seconds. The only difference between the game and other first person shooters, is that in Dead Space, you are actually alone and have to deal with the environment instead of having some friends or some guns for protection. Overall, this is one good game to play.

Message 3 of 7 (4,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Gry wideo nie są już tylko dla nastolatków. Encyklopedia gier https://encyklopediagier.net/  mówi, że dorośli, którzy grają w gry wideo, mogą uznać je za przyjemne i zapewnić ucieczkę od rzeczywistości dla wielu. Niektórzy dorośli grają w najlepiej sprzedające się gry wideo na PC i akcesoria, takie jak monitory, klawiatury i myszy. Inni preferują systemy oparte na konsolach, w tym Xbox, Play station i Nintendo Wii. Wraz z pojawieniem się Internetu nie ma powodu, aby ograniczać się do grania w gry wideo w domu, zwłaszcza gdy można grać z komfortu własnego domu.

Message 4 of 7 (3,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you ever played GTA Online - https://www.gameindustry.com/news-industry-happenings/gta-online-today-points-and-coins/ its a really good game!

Message 5 of 7 (3,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Essential smart apps for work

word counter

Message 6 of 7 (3,102 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread or add your information to an existing thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (299 Views)