Re: Graphical artifacts in Dead Space 1

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphical artifacts in Dead Space 1

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a weird problem in Dead Space 1. Sometimes when Isaac gets a video message through his Rig, it messes up the game's graphics. The whole screen becomes covered with multicolored flashing lines that cover up my entire screen so I can't see anything. But when the video message ends, they disappear entirely and the game acts normal again. This doesn't happen in every video message though. I didn't have any problems with the video message in chapter 1. This starts happening only after reaching Chapter 2 and only then it seems to happen in only certain specific situations. I have no idea what is causing this but it is very annoying.

Message 1 of 6 (2,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@AssassinoFinland Sorry for the late reply to your late reply.

Glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the cause of the issue. What you could try doing is forcing V-sync on the card and leave it off in the game options. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,826 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Are you on PC or console, if on PC can you try repairing the game to ensure that there are no issues with your installed files.
Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the lat reply. I'm on pc. I discovered the problem has something to do with V-sync. When I enable V-sync the problem goes away but then it will always be locked to 30 fps. I prefer playing without V-sync because of that. Though playing without V-sync seems to cause other problems in this game as well (like preventing the regenerating necromorph from spawning in chapter 5)

Message 3 of 6 (1,854 Views)

Community Manager

@AssassinoFinland Sorry for the late reply to your late reply.

Glad to hear that you were able to narrow down the cause of the issue. What you could try doing is forcing V-sync on the card and leave it off in the game options. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,827 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. That seems to solve it. Now I can play without artifacts and glitches and the fps is locked to 60 rather than 30. Much better than the in-game v-sync.

Message 5 of 6 (1,804 Views)

Community Manager

@AssassinoFinland Excellent, enjoy the game and if you should see any other issues just shoot and we'll do what we can to help.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,784 Views)