Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

by woodynozz

Original Post

Re: Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had Dead Space and Dead Space 3 from Origin that crash with the message " Dead Space 3 has stopped working".

This was what worked for me:

I have MSI Afterburner installed, and with OSD on game. That's what was doing those errors.

Go to the Riva Tuner Statistics Server (that's where you configure the OSD options of MSI Afterburner) and just add the EXE files Dead Space and Dead Space 3.

After configuring the OSD options for each game, they now work.

Message 51 of 74 (2,784 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 not working

★★ Novice
Ok my Xbox hates dead space 1 because I just got to the final level and when I loaded it up I heard Isaac say: auuff.... AAAAAAAAUUUUGHHHHH!!!!!! And something occurred that I was melee attacking during this process and I see my head floating in the air and this is what I'm hearing: Raagh! *chokes* but I stopped and it was game over. I tried previous levels and the same damn thing happened. WTF????
Message 52 of 74 (2,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling the HID worked for me. I feel bad for those who didn't get DS3 working like that, EA should put a lot more effort for this kind of problems..

Message 53 of 74 (2,644 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.. new clear install of DS3.

Intel Core i5

8gb ram

GeFroce GTS 250

Windows 7 x64

Other games work fine like Mass Effect 3 or NFS Hot Pursuit 2010.

I tried to find HID game controller, but there is nothing like this in my system preferences..

After running the game it goes after black screen straight to work desktop..

Message 54 of 74 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Same experieence as the previous posts.

If HID-controllers are the issue, give us a command line argument that makes the game ignore those controllers.

It is completely unacceptable to expect the end-user to un/plug devices depending on the program they want to run.

Seriously, it's not the 1980's,

Message 55 of 74 (2,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently ran into this issue after installing Awakened.  I can start up the game, but as soon as I clicked a button to continue, it would crash out.  The last time I had the game working, I fired up and logged into awakened.  I saved out after confirming I could log in.  After spending a couple of hours trying to fix the issue, I ran into some screen for Origin where I can see the base game and the expansion.  I was given the option to repair the expansion which showed it had to download the last 10% of the game.  Once that was done,  I can fire things up and play.  The last thing I can see before it crashed was it trying to check for expansions.  

Be sure to repair any expansions as well as the base game if you are crashing right after clicking to continue/play.

Message 56 of 74 (2,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently ran into this issue after installing Awakened.  I can start up the game, but as soon as I clicked a button to continue, it would crash out.  The last time I had the game working, I fired up and logged into awakened.  I saved out after confirming I could log in.  After spending a couple of hours trying to fix the issue, I ran into some screen for Origin where I can see the base game and the expansion.  I was given the option to repair the expansion which showed it had to download the last 10% of the game.  Once that was done,  I can fire things up and play.  The last thing I can see before it crashed was it trying to check for expansions.  

Be sure to repair any expansions as well as the base game if you are crashing right after clicking to continue/play.

Message 57 of 74 (2,354 Views)

Community Manager

PC Dead Space 3 Players suffering from game-crashing upon start-up or during gameplay may be experiencing this issue due to their use of a gamepad, controller, joystick, or other, similar third-party peripheral.
***Note: Below all of the above mentioned devices will be referred to as gamepad.

If your game has crashed while you have been using a gamepad or controller to play Dead Space 3, updating your gamepad drivers or disconnecting your gamepad may solve your problem.

To update your gamepad drivers, visit the gamepad manufacturer's website--drivers are generally located under Help or Support, or findable through their search function, if available--to download and install the most up-to-date drivers compatible with your gamepad for your operating system. After installation, be sure to restart your computer to guarantee your changes went into effect.

If Dead Space 3 continues to crash after ensuring your gamepad drivers are up to date, you may need to simply disconnect your gamepad and discontinue its use for Dead Space 3.  To do so, locate the "Safely Remove Hardware/Media" function in your taskbar.
***Note: This may be automatically hidden by Windows and made visible by clicking the small triangle near your Time and Date.

Clicking this will present you a shortened list of connected devices and the option to "Open Devices and Printers." In either this small list or in "Devices and Printers," right-click your gamepad and select "Remove Device."

Once informed that your device is safe to remove, you may unplug your gamepad safely.

This should prevent any future crashes during Dead Space 3 regarding your use of a gamepad granted you do not attempt to use it again.

Source

barry.png
Message 58 of 74 (2,347 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't usually have troubles with compatibility, but Dead Space has been problematic for quite sometime. A few weeks ago, i got the free copy from Origin, but never had it working. I believe i'm just like the regular gamer: know a few tricks to try troubleshooting some issues and DIE before quitting and truly understand waht happened. Nevertheless, this game was way beyond my limited capabilities and i was about to let it go (it would be the first time for me...), until i saw your post, sir. Andt then, i needed to say thank you. The satisfaction to see this m*****f***** W7 succumb to my will and run the damn thing was indescribable (add malign laughter here). So, you Mr. Tigorekk, and the one who came up with this solution, most certainly deserve to become legends!

PS: Had the problem with Dead Space 1. Solution worked like a charm. DS 3, however, ran with no issues. Go figure...

Message 59 of 74 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i dont see a HID compliant game controller what do i do

Message 60 of 74 (2,295 Views)