Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

by woodynozz

Original Post

Re: Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

★★★★★ Newbie

worked for me thanks, but im concerned why this happened in the first place 

Message 31 of 74 (3,013 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 crashes as it's connecting to EA servers every time.

★★ Apprentice

Here's a short video showing the symptom, Any ideas appreciated..  I can click Cancel during the connect process and play the game but then I don't have any of the online features.

http://youtu.be/ObIZKEZdbxQ

Message 32 of 74 (3,009 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, still no solution for me. I have no accessories to unplug, using rock solid nvidia drivers, Windows is totally updated. I've literally done everything in all of these threads, and still "dead space 3 has stopped working" immediately on launch. It's alright, since I bought this game for cheap on Humble...but I still would have liked to play it.

Message 33 of 74 (3,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Still no luck here either, disabling my wireless 360 controller in device manager doesn't solve the problem and I don't understand why it would, i've been using this controller with PC for several years without any issues.

Message 34 of 74 (2,993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Spent 3 days sorting out Sims 3 HB issue. Now this one. No solution. I'm so over this. 

What's the point? I'm a gamer - never have issues like this until I had to use Origin based games. Steam seems ok. Hey, and I thought PS3 patching was a pain in the arse. Seriously - now I know why PC gamin sh1t5 me.

Message 35 of 74 (2,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey, I managed to get this working after the mysterious problem of nothing happening when you click on the game icon. I have Bit Defender - You might have a similar anti virus. You need to totally disable it. Just switching off the scanner or putting it into game mode didn't work. In Bit Defender, you need to click on Settings, go to to "Anti Virus", then click the On/Off button under both on-access scanning and active virus control scanning. Finally, after doing this, the game loads! Also, after doing all of this, it needs to be loaded from within the Origin client. Loading it directly from the Windows desktop gives a strange error message that it cannot "connect to the Internet".

Message 36 of 74 (2,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I use MS Security essentials. Turned it off, same problem. Crashes out when trying to go past load saved game.

Message 37 of 74 (2,965 Views)

★ Novice

@homeroids wrote:

I use MS Security essentials. Turned it off, same problem. Crashes out when trying to go past load saved game.

Sounds like if you are getting as far as "load saved game" it is a lot further than most people. A lot of us couldn't even get any window at all to load - clicking the Dead Space icon did absolutely nothing. Only disabling anti-virus did the trick, or for some people, disabling the generic USB game drivers. Once the game actually loads, then the problems are most likely down to other issues such as graphic drivers.

Message 38 of 74 (2,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems to bomb out when contacting the backend (Origin?) and that's it. I press "cancel" to load saved game and then it gets to the next screen to start but before I can go any further it bombs out again. 

Message 39 of 74 (2,960 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem, goes part way to loading then crashes to desktop

Fault bucket -829326961, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: deadspace3.exe
P2: 1.0.0.1
P3: 511e9327
P4: deadspace3.exe
P5: 1.0.0.1
P6: 511e9327
P7: c0000005
P8: 007468a5
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Aseem\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8CCD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_deadspace3.exe_448c6a4539f978cc7723f54a2562b720e8ffb2b0_4aa9afb8_0f0190e4

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: eabdc935-0783-11e3-beec-1c659d90054d
Report Status: 1
Hashed bucket: 1b0900a8bdb0cc4d4e0640eee4e98227

Message 40 of 74 (2,946 Views)