Re: Dead Space 3 has stopped working, frustrating.

by theanticulture

Original Post

Re: Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

★★★ Newbie

подскажите как пройти место невисомасти куда и как пргнуть??не пойму как прыгать по стене подскажите !!

Message 61 of 74 (2,255 Views)

★ Novice

Hi guys, sorry for my english, there may be mistakes in my post.

I have been playing DS3 about a year now, and I started to getting "Dead Space has stopped working" always after 10-15 minutes of playing. I happened after i played once with gamepad, but i am not sure if it was coincidence or not. 

This what I did:

• installed newest drivers for my grapfic card
  • unplugged my gamepad and uninstalled all gamepad drivers
  • deleted joypad_example.txt in game directory

I guess deleting gamepad drivers helped, but I am not sure. But I since then I played without problems, so I hope some of these things may help you too. 

Message 62 of 74 (2,094 Views)

★ Novice

So what you're telling me is this: to play Dead Space 3, I have to disable my Goddamn keyboard? Are you for real?

Message 63 of 74 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank yo so much my god I can get your a saint 

Message 64 of 74 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks man, had the same issue.  Why does the game care about the Warthog??????

Message 65 of 74 (1,928 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 has stopped working.

★ Novice

So ill make it simple. its one of your usb controllers. (flight sticks, steering wheels) anything along those lines. un-plug them and the game will work perfectz

Message 66 of 74 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure if this helps anyone but, I was using a Bluetooth speaker & had to shut it off due to the game freezing as soon as I hit continue saved game. I used the TV speakers & the game works now. Windows 10.

Message 67 of 74 (1,439 Views)

Community Manager

@bukucuckoo

Thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 68 of 74 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@bukucuckoo, I have been googling this * for an hour, and I finally stumbled on your post. That was exactly what the problem was for me as well, the moment I turn off my bluetooth headphones, everything is right as rain. Except for the fact that I wan't to play with my damn headphones. Thanks, though, man. 

Message 69 of 74 (1,355 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't see this post until starting my own reply. Would have saved me a day of troubleshooting this issue.

Anyway, I followed all the advice in this as well as other here just like it. For me it ended up having to...

1. uninstall all HID devices from Device Manager

2. unplug all HID devices &

3. the real kick in the head, turn off my SRS-X33 Sony Bluetooth Speaker.

The speaker had to be uninstalled from Device Manager AND turned off/not connected via Bluetooth. Wow.

Somebody really dropped the ball in the programing arena here. I had zero trouble with Dead Space 1 & 2. I'm shocked that EA didn't hit the developers with "You better fix this now!". Because from what I'm seeing on the net, a very large part of the gaming community that (tried to) play this game had this issue. Your getting a bad reputation EA. And a bad rep looses customers you normally would have acquired (read $$$), and could eventually put you out of business. This kind of thing speaks loader than words about how unimportant quality is to your bottom line.

Message 70 of 74 (1,248 Views)