Re: Elite schematics not appearing/missing patch

by psychotic_rejct

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

@anoimus9 wrote:

I also could not find the elite suits after clearing the game and playing it on new game+. The patch downloaded also does not work for a reason, it just says that the program can't start becayse activation.x86.dll is missing from my computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I tried reinstalling dead space 2 in origiin but it does not help at all. Please help me

after downloading the patch, place the patch inside the dead space 2 directory and run from there...  you'll have to run the game from the patch

Message 11 of 18 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay thanks, so i need to start a new game+ instead of playing the old newgame+ right?

Message 12 of 18 (1,888 Views)

★★ Novice

correct

Message 13 of 18 (1,886 Views)

Message 14 of 18 (1,882 Views)

★ Apprentice

I reinstalled DS2 after a year of not playing it.  I had forgotten all about how to install the patch properly.  I got this actgivationx86.dll error.

This: "after downloading the patch, place the patch inside the dead space 2 directory and run from there...  you'll have to run the game from the patch" is perfect advice.

I put the patch, which I had backed up last year, into the DS2 folder and ran it.  It even remembered my game's activation key as well.  Everything runs perfectly now.

Thanks for that reminder!

Message 15 of 18 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is a major necromorph.... i mean necropost however I was feeling nostalgic and reinstalled a fresh copy of dead space 2 directly from my origin account and the DLC content and Elite Schematics are missing from NG+ appearantly the origin version of the game was never properly patched additionally the link to the official patched executable is dead and regardless of how many alternate links are posted i am lothe to use them for obvious reasons

Message 16 of 18 (1,473 Views)

★ Guide

This patch was never available on Origin. Anyway, I have uploaded this patch on my Dropbox, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42941546/deadspace2patch.exe

Message 17 of 18 (1,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I put the patch into the dead space 2 folder and ran it but it still came up with ''activation.x86.dll'' i dont know if im putting it in the right folder or not, is it the one with the settings and controls files in it?

Message 18 of 18 (1,240 Views)