Double Mouse Pointer in Dead Space

by ScubaDave55790

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Double Mouse Pointer in Dead Space

★ Novice

After an automatic update from Origin, I have a double mouse pointer in Dead Space.  I tried "Chat" support, and the support tech was unable to help me.  I tried reinstalling the game - no success.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  The game is no longer FUN to play.

Message 1 of 8 (13,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Double Mouse Pointer in Dead Space

★★★ Newbie

Disable the steam/origin overlay on this game.

On Origin, you can do it by clicking with the right button over the game in the library and choosing game properties. There you will see the option to disable "origin in game". tick it and you're done.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (14,644 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Try to perform a clean boot before playing: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

if you can, you should try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly as this will give a more stable connection.
Also try the troubleshooting steps in the following articles Here and here

Message 2 of 8 (13,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Reboots OR uninstalls do NOT fix this issue. PLEASE reread the post, it is NOT a connection issue. It's getting quite annoying trying to play this game and clicking back out to the desktop because the mouse isn't working properly within the game. I own several other EA games and can play those without issues. I have Dead Space setup on another PC and have the same results.

Message 3 of 8 (13,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On Origin, you can do it by clicking with the right button over the game in the library and choosing game properties. There you will see the option to disable "origin in game". tick it and you're done.

Message 4 of 8 (14,645 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks jafrano, that worked like a charm! Now, how can I remap my keyboard so I can use the arrow keys to move around? Every time I try in the options, it reverts back to the default.
Message 5 of 8 (13,424 Views)

★★ Novice
Can Management mark this as "SOLVED" please?
Message 6 of 8 (13,417 Views)

Community Manager

@General_UXO 

You can click the XP and Accept as Solution buttons too!

barry.png
Message 7 of 8 (13,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jafrano wrote:

Thanks for that, it has gone away but don't see the Accept for Solution button anywhere.

Message 8 of 8 (12,915 Views)