Deadspace 3 error could not initialize display hardware

by Daxdin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deadspace 3 error could not initialize display hardware

★★ Novice

Hi All, 

Though I would just put this out there.

I just downloaded and installed deadspace 3, played it once for about 2 hours then had to exit. when I came back to carry on playing I got the error "could not initialize display hardware. Restart deadspace 3. went online looking for solution but could not find one that work and could not find the "setting.txt" 

after some searching on my PC, windows10, I found the relevant file under  C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\EA Games\Dead Space 3, however you first need to unhide folders or the appData folder wont be visible.  this can easily be done at the top in the menu bar under view, check the hidden items box.

now for the next part, in the deadspace 3 folder there is no setting.txt file only 2 files headed "general and system" I looked at both and found that the system file had the same content that the setting.txt folder should have.
I took a calculated risk and deleted the system file, closed all the folders and restarted the came. everything worked as it should and the game restarted. This worked for me. Hope this helps some one else 

Message 1 of 2 (1,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deadspace 3 error could not initialize display hardware

Community Manager (retired)

@Daxdin thanks for sharing your experience and workaround. I will mark this issue as solved as it will help other players to find your workaround. 

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,658 Views)

All Replies

Re: Deadspace 3 error could not initialize display hardware

Community Manager (retired)

@Daxdin thanks for sharing your experience and workaround. I will mark this issue as solved as it will help other players to find your workaround. 

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 2 (1,659 Views)