Dead space game forcing left looking

by vincini01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead space game forcing left looking

★★★ Newbie

After installing the free Dead Space and luanching game. Once the game starts it forces a left look and will snip in a circle. So I cant play the game but all other games are working correctly, no spinning.

Message 1 of 17 (2,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead space game forcing left looking

★★ Novice

I had an uncalibrated joystick attached; the game was taking inputs from it. Once I disconnected the stick the game began behaving properly.

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (3,352 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here. I had the mouse lag problem but managed to fix it by disabling vSync in the game settings. But, it did not correct the camera spinning problem. 

It's not the mouse itself; I disconnected the mouse and the camera just kept spinning. 

Message 2 of 17 (2,322 Views)

★★ Novice

I had an uncalibrated joystick attached; the game was taking inputs from it. Once I disconnected the stick the game began behaving properly.

Message 3 of 17 (3,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but i don't have any joysticks connected to my pc.

Message 4 of 17 (2,276 Views)

Community Manager

Disconnect all user input peripherals apart from mouse and keyboard and restart the game.

Try toggling v-sync also.

barry.png
Message 5 of 17 (2,274 Views)

Dead Space

★★ Novice

Hi im a long time oriigin user but when i had a chance for something free that i was looking to play i jumped on it , needless to say that to my surprise i have not been able to play cause there is a glitch in the game right from the begining when you start to play . now the glitch is it circles to the right and doesn't stop , im using my keyboard thought that might be the problem but it did the same thing when i used my joystick too , i wuld like to play it either that or send me a copy on disc , thank you for your time i will look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible ...........

Message 6 of 17 (2,212 Views)

★★ Novice

i am having the same problem with it circling constantly has anyone had the problem fixed yet ???

Message 7 of 17 (2,211 Views)

Community Manager

@RJJ011 

Yes, some people have fixed this by removing peripherals such as a joystick or controller as posted above.

barry.png
Message 8 of 17 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

i am using a keyboard & mouse so that is not the problem 

Message 9 of 17 (2,184 Views)

Community Manager

@tiggerrj 

Having control input devices such as a joystick or steering wheel attached can cause this issue hence we suggest removing those while playing this game.

barry.png
Message 10 of 17 (2,175 Views)