Re: Dead space 3 could not initialize display hardware/video memory exhausted

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Dead space 3 could not initialize display hardware/video memory exhausted

★ Novice

So i have had dead space 3 purchased on the origins client since 2014 now and i recently played dead space 3 in 2017 june 1, really addicted to the game i recently created a virtual machine on my IMac and got the origins client and started up dead space 3.

in the past i have done this countless times and have had no problems but when i started it up today it kept giving me one of two errors, one saying could not initialize display hardware and the other saying video memory exhausted. I have tried ALL the fixes and troubleshoots there are to try and none of them, not a single one has lead me to successfully start up dead space without one of those errors coming up. i have tried looking at the files to get to the system.txt file and i found nothing. i tried adding it with coding by someone on a thread with a similar problem like this and nothing worked. I need professional help at this point because literally NOTHING has worked for me yet and im getting a lot more then just frustrated. If someone can help or at least give suggestions im all ears.

Message 1 of 2 (404 Views)

Re: Dead space 3 could not initialize display hardware/video memory exhausted

Community Manager

Hey @KreamyBoomBoom as you are on a Mac and running the game on a virtual machine then it may be a little more difficult to fix then if you were on a PC.

The best thing I can suggest is that you take a look at the various steps in this help thread and try them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-Games/could-not-initialize-display-hardware-dead-space/td-p/263...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (380 Views)