Re: Dead space 3 achievement bug

by Staliger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead space 3 achievement bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, team EA Games.

Yesterday I finally finished all game modes for Dead space 3. I achieved all achievements in Origin except one. The name of the achievement is Brave New World  and this achievement is for obtaining all achievements in the game. This achievement is still locked in Origin and even on the end of the Hardcore mode (that was my last one) he didn't show up.

Yesterday I was chatting with EA help a they told me, that I need to post my problem here, because they can't do nothing about it. With regrets.

So, my question is can you fix this issue for me? With this question I join few pictures from my Origin.

Kind regards, your player Saiforus   

Message 1 of 12 (5,880 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

It is a very old bug. Support told me this: "This is something that can not be fixed. As this  is something  which is programmed and can not be solved"

So that bug won't be fixed.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (6,302 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

It is a very old bug. Support told me this: "This is something that can not be fixed. As this  is something  which is programmed and can not be solved"

So that bug won't be fixed.

Message 2 of 12 (6,303 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response. I already know that's a old bug and I thought that EA do something about it, because we spend lot of money for the game, not to mention those endless hour spent to get all achievements.

I'm very disappointed by their attitude to this problem, not to mention that, they not even respond to my problem. I will think twice to buy another EA game.

Message 3 of 12 (5,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm achievement collector and can't get this....

Of course Xbox and PS players have no problem with that.

i'll never buy a game which is direct console port, especially if it's EA game.

Message 4 of 12 (5,650 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for late response. Yes, same feelings. 80 hours of playing for nothing. I think, devs made a mistake by adding that special console achievement for pc version. Still they could fix the problem after Awakend dlc release, but they didn't. That shows their true opinion about customers.

Message 5 of 12 (5,517 Views)

★★ Novice

i got a bug with the peng achievement

got the statue in my stash, in game achievement i got the peng, but not in origin..

hope, i still can get all achievements..

Message 6 of 12 (5,167 Views)

Does not open achievement Brave New World

★★★ Apprentice

Brave New World achievement does not open though all conditions for it are fulfilled 

all.JPG

badachivement.JPG

Message 7 of 12 (5,033 Views)

Re: Does not open achievement Brave New World

★★★★★ Newbie

same problem

Message 8 of 12 (5,002 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"I'm achievement collector and can't get this...."

"i'll never buy a game which is direct console port, especially if it's EA game."

+++ Wink

Message 9 of 12 (4,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Problem still exists.  I don't understand why this is so difficult to fix.  It's basically a simple origin-side fix like:

// Feel free to use/modify this pseudo-code to fix the 
// "Brave New World" Dead Space 3 Achievement bug on Origin:

origin.user = originAccount(xTkAx); if ((origin.user.games.DeadSpace3.owned == true) &&
(origin.user.games.DeadSpace3.Achievements.count = 58))
{ origin.user.UnlockAchivement.BraveNewWorld(now);
}

Message 10 of 12 (3,897 Views)