Re: Dead space 2. Cannot remove DLC.

by TylerTheDriver

Original Post

Dead space 2. Cannot remove DLC.

★★★ Newbie

I have started to play Dead Space 2. The store is full of free items, which are from DLC. It is not only boring but really annoying.

I have tried to solve it, by replacing the '.exe' file, but then it cannot be launched because of lack of .dll

Is it possible to remove the DLC?

Or maybe remove the file of the weapons and suits?

Message 1 of 3 (1,013 Views)

Community Manager

@Everild_S When you say DLC items do you mean pre-order content or content from a complete edition of the game?

I find in situations such as this where I am offered overpowered weapons from the start to just ignore them and choose other content to use.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (984 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not that simple.  It actually changes the gameplay just by existing.  As soon as a new weapon gets introduced during gameplay the ammo for the gun begins to show up on drops, even if you don't purchase the gun.  I picked this up yesterday because I haven't played it in a while and went ahead and ignored the dlc items.  Before I even got a quarter of the way between the 2nd and 3rd shop(when the game starts dropping ammo for every gun) every inventory slot was clogged and I was out of ammo for my plasma cutter.  Might not be an issue on lower difficulties but it's a big issue on nightmare/zealot.

Message 3 of 3 (725 Views)