Re: Dead Space wont launch on PC

by VelvetDiamond_93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space wont launch on PC

★★ Novice

Dead Space wont launch on PC.

When I attempt to start the game up, it goes to a Black screen for around 10 seconds then goes back to desktop.  No error or any messages of any kind are shown, it just doesnt start up.

I9-9900k and 3090.

Message 1 of 3 (683 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I already tried all that and all the other suggestions made on other posts from others with the same issue.

Nothing worked. 

BUT, i did find the problem i believe. The game wont launch if any Hotas or Joystick is plugged into the computer.

I tested this by plugging it in and out and it does infact work. 

The game will only launch once you unplug the devices from your PC 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (652 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@VelvetDiamond_93 Can you try launching the game as an admin or through any running security and let us know if the game launches?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I already tried all that and all the other suggestions made on other posts from others with the same issue.

Nothing worked. 

BUT, i did find the problem i believe. The game wont launch if any Hotas or Joystick is plugged into the computer.

I tested this by plugging it in and out and it does infact work. 

The game will only launch once you unplug the devices from your PC 

Message 3 of 3 (653 Views)