Dead Space Remasters

by TheHudgness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space Remasters

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

I have seen multiple threads about this on Answers HQ, and I wanted to offer my contribution towards the subject. I have seen some rumors that EA was planning on remastering "Fan Favorites". I would strongly suggest remaking Dead Space 1 and 2 (in my complete honest opinion 3 could be left out). Here are many reasons why I think this should happen:

1. Dead Space 2 has been my favorite game of all time, and Dead Space 1 is the amazing scare and gore filled thrill ride that started it all. Both are action packed, scary, surprising yet straightforward, and for its time, has some of the best graphical work inputted into these amazing games. I love its upgrade systems, its weapon design are perfect matches for the necromorphs, and the pacing of this game is phenomenal. I've always been a fan of EA games, in fact I've just gained the platinum trophy for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. I loved this game immensely being a huge fan of Star Wars and Dark Souls style action games. I still remember getting Dead Space 2 on Christmas day (I think back in 2013) and playing this game the entire day, from morning until evening. I could not put it down. It's a timeless game, and is still my favorite game of all time. Unfortunately I got rid of my PS3 and my copy of both games.

2. Capcom has had such a great run with the remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3, (and there's rumors of them remaking RE4), making great survival horror games with the same 3rd Person Over the Shoulder Shooter Style as Dead Space. You could polish up the first two games, and ride the Horror Genre Wave like so many other Companies have done and make Big Bucks. It would revitalize the franchise and usher in a new player in the survival horror genre. 

3. If you were to remaster these games, people would buy it. It would be the new talk of the video game world, and allow the opportunity for massive expansion. I will use Resident Evil as my example as it is the most prevalent and the two franchises share so many characteristics. With the release of Resident Evil 5 and 6 gave a sour taste in peoples mouths for their franchise. When they released the remake of Resident Evil 2, it gave a surge of new popularity for the franchise, and now they're making a possible remake of 4 and a new Resident Evil 8. This is an opportunity for you to ride on the Nostalgia. Everything is being remade these days, so please capitalize on this and make this guys dream come true. 

Sincerely

Nick

Message 1 of 4 (876 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space Remasters

Community Manager
Hi @TheHudgness,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (816 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dead Space Remasters

Community Manager
Hi @TheHudgness,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade
Message 2 of 4 (817 Views)

Dead Space Remastered Trilogy

★★★★★ Newbie

Wanted to see who else on the forums would love to see a Dead Space Legendary Edition remastered for next gen consoles after the seeing the success of Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

I grew up on the Dead Space games and loved every minute of all the games and would love to get the chance to replay them with enhanced visuals and features! Let’s make this happen!

Message 3 of 4 (590 Views)

Re: Dead Space Remastered Trilogy

Champion
@REDX217 I would absolutely, 100%, happily purchase all of the Dead Space titles again, if they were remastered! This has always been one of my favorite franchises!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 4 (539 Views)