Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elevator in level 1

by bozo666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elevator in level 1

★★ Novice

After Isaac gets off of the elevator and receives the laser cutter, in level 1, he cannot go through the doorway that says above it, Tram ID card needed. I've tried easy mode & medium mode still does not work. I've tried doing in game repairs and that didn't help. I'm stuck please assist me in repairing this issue. I just installed the game from Origin it was free so I can't re-install the game I don't have the game code.

Thanks,

bozo666

Message 1 of 13 (37,652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elevator in level 1

★★ Novice

I had the same problem until I turned on V sync in the game options.  Makes the mouse run smoother also.  If that doesn't work you might try forcing V sync in your graphics control panel.  For nvidia, go to its control panel under Manage 3D and go to  the bottom of the list to force V sync  on.

Hope this helps someone....it allowed me to go through the door anyway.

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (41,994 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elevator in level 1

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@bozo666 wrote:

After Isaac gets off of the elevator and receives the laser cutter, in level 1, he cannot go through the doorway that says above it, Tram ID card needed. I've tried easy mode & medium mode still does not work. I've tried doing in game repairs and that didn't help. I'm stuck please assist me in repairing this issue. I just installed the game from Origin it was free so I can't re-install the game I don't have the game code.

Thanks,

bozo666

Not sure if your issue is the same as mine but an ID card is not required you need to blast (with the Plasma Cutter) the redish glowing thing to the right of the door which will allow you to open the door.  My issue is once I open that door on any new games I can go through it as I think an enemy refuses to render or trigger there preventing you from progressing.

You can reinstall Dead Space (and other games bought or received via Origin) as many times as you want as once you registered the free game it is yours for life as digital games work pretty much the same as how they work with Steam so a code is not required.

Message 2 of 13 (37,555 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Diamond0241,

Thanks for your help. I've been smashing that door switch to open the door several times. The door opens and Isaac cannot go through he doorway into the hallway. He just stops I see the dead guy on the floor in the hallway and I can shoot him with the laser cutter but Isaac just doesn' t want to go into the hallway. Maybe the AI is too scared to go outside of the secure room(lol), I will reinstall the game and hopefully that will correct my issue.

Thanks again,

bozo666

Message 3 of 13 (37,537 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem until I turned on V sync in the game options.  Makes the mouse run smoother also.  If that doesn't work you might try forcing V sync in your graphics control panel.  For nvidia, go to its control panel under Manage 3D and go to  the bottom of the list to force V sync  on.

Hope this helps someone....it allowed me to go through the door anyway.

Message 4 of 13 (41,995 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Avedis53,

Thanks for the information. I've been trying to get through that damn door for years now:robotlol:. I have reinstalled Dead Space several times and Isaac still cannot go through that  doorway. So I make Isaac stand at the doorway and stomp his foot in disgust:robotmad:, after I have kicked the **bleep** out of the dead body in the room. So in a way I'm still playing the game just not shooting any alien monsters:robotsad:. I will try turning on V-Sync as soon as I get to play Dead Space again. I will let you know what my results are:robotfrustrated:.

Thanks again,

Bozo666

Message 5 of 13 (37,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Avedis53,

Success! Isaac can now pass the Tram Station Doorway. Thanks for the update to set V-sync ON in Nvidia Control Panel.

1) I first turned on V-sync, in Nvidia Control Panel, and tried to play Dead Space but the game got stuck at the beginning, at the screen that says          

LOADING:robotfrustrated:.

2) I went into Nvidia Control Panel and made sure V-sync was turned ON.

3) Then I un-installed Dead Space

4) I Checked Nvidia Control Panel and confirmed V-sync was still ON:robothappy:

5) Re-installed Dead Space then checked for any updates and repair patches. 

All was good then I started to play a new game of Dead Space and Isaac finally went through that damn Tram Doorway I was stuck at:robotlol:.

Thank you very much directing me to the correct solution to my quandary.

Really appreciate your assistance:robotwink:.

Bozo666

Message 6 of 13 (37,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 7 of 13 (37,434 Views)

Into The Void - Dead Space (1): Elevator bug

★★★ Newbie

Bug in the beginning of Into The Void chapter of Dead Space 1.

First elevator won't move. Lady on in the audio say she's gonna fixing. Nothing happens. Have exited and re-entered room without any luck. 

Have checked videos of other people playing the chapter and they don't do anything special or anything other than I do. 

Answer this post andplease fix the bug within g48 hours or I'll make you reimburse the game. 

Good luck!

Message 8 of 13 (34,267 Views)

Re: Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elev

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You have to set vsync on and choose a resolution in game @ 60 hz refresh (eg. 3840x2160@60hz) any higher refresh and the door glitches and you can't go through. Just tested myself on win 10 machine and @ 60hz I was able to go through the door, the enemy loaded and attacked me and after killing it no more blocked door.

Message 9 of 13 (26,928 Views)

Re: Dead Space Isaac can't go through door to Tram after getting off of the elev

★ Novice

I dont mean to necro a thread, but this solution worked for me and is still relevant 2021 - "You have to set vsync on and choose a resolution in game @ 60 hz refresh (eg. 3840x2160@60hz) any higher refresh and the door glitches and you can't go through. Just tested myself on win 10 machine and @ 60hz I was able to go through the door, the enemy loaded and attacked me and after killing it no more blocked door."

This worked for me.  I turned on vsync, set my resolution to 60hz, and then restarted the game.  door opened up and i walked right on through, and then promptly turned my graphics back to max lol

Message 10 of 13 (17,056 Views)