Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Failed to join game (Co-Op)

★★★ Novice

Co-op isnt working if your NAT is strikt. All you can do is join someone with an OPEN nat, not hosting or playing private with a friend.

What I've tried so far:

Opened ALL ports combined from all the threads on this forum mentioned, and the ports are open for real I know what I'm doing.

Disabled firewall on the Router and enabled UPnP.

Disabled my firewall on my computer totally.

Disabled my anti virus.

Made a service for the port on my network from windows.

I run everything (origin.exe and deadspace3.exe as an administrator, and everything is up to date)

Tried different compatible modes with both .exes with no success.

I've hosted websites and game servers before and all I had to do was port forwarding, and that worked out perfectly so this is clearly something wrong with this game only.

I won't flame on EA for this but you should really fix the connection build, since it's terrible. Shouldn't be to hard for you guys? 

Message 81 of 115 (20,361 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 "Origin In Game Unavailable"

★★ Novice
Change the view from Full Screen to Windowed Full Screen and turn on V-Sync. That'll work. Standard smile
Message 82 of 115 (20,326 Views)

Re: Origin In Game Unavailable

★★ Novice
Change the view from Full Screen to Windowed Full Screen and turn on V-Sync. That'll work. Standard smile
Message 83 of 115 (20,326 Views)

Re: Origin In Game Unavailable

★★ Novice

Same problem, yesterday playing with friends, now can't join.................everytime EA and ORIGIN have problems with online gaming.

Message 84 of 115 (20,246 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

★★★ Newbie

I was able to open the in-game overlay  and the game run smoothly but it is not working now after installing another EA game in origin.

I just want to play co-op with my friend and it keep saying I disabled the origin while i didnt.

Please fix this bug if EA want to compete with steam or ppl will start to say "Origin is a Semi-finished gaming platform"

Message 85 of 115 (20,133 Views)

Co-op connection interrupted !

★ Novice

When I play co-op with my buddy it always says connection interrupted after 10mins of playing and crash so we cant move on , because we have to go from charpter , and when we were at the work bench we lost stuffs cuz of disconnect ! HELP!

Message 86 of 115 (19,874 Views)

DEAD SPACE 3 co op connection interrupted PROBLEM!!!!

★★★ Newbie

While playing, every 20 min in CO OP my friend and I get "connection interrupted" , And if we try connect again it says "Fail to join"  then I need to quit game and start it again to play again in co-op for next 20 min (connection interrupted). 

I have original game, and I see many people have same problem and can't find fix for this!

Can some1 help?!

Sorry for my bad English, I am from Croatia.
Tnx

Message 87 of 115 (19,889 Views)

Failed to join game - Cannot connect to friends game

★ Novice

Hello all

I have been trying really hard to connect with my friend to a coop game, I have tried Updating St***** Origin, updating game, Port fowarding, uPnP, Firewalls (Network and PC), Running Origin as admin and Anti virus Still absolutely NOTHING This just makes me want to go back in time and NOT buy this game.  Both of us have done all of the things above, this is frustrating...  we buy the gam to play coop and all we get in return is a turd on a box

Anone knows a fix to this ? other than what I have tried ? 

Message 88 of 115 (19,872 Views)

Re: Origin in game (origin UI for when in a game) doesn't work making co-op not possible

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot! Opening port 3569 solved it for me and my friend! Much love and credit to you for forwarding this information.

I also had problems getting the ingame overlay to work, but I fixed that by disabling fraps and f.lux, a program that changes the monitor color temperature at night. Seems like programs like these mess up/blocks  the overlay. It never happens with the STEAM overlay though!

Lets hope it works until we have completed the campaign!

Cheers!

Message 89 of 115 (19,532 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys 

I found a solution, enter in your modem and turn in mode brigde and enter in your router and put it in pppoe ( you will need remember your username and your password of the provider) Standard smile

If you don't know hor do it, search in the google, it's so easy, and i solved that problem after 1 week Standard smile

Help from BRAZIL ! Standard smile 

Message 90 of 115 (19,491 Views)