Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Re: PS3 Dead Space 3 "Failed to join game" errors!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well seems that I managed to get it work by turning of my Firewall, (using Norton) and I also connected my laptop directly to my modem, we tested it maybe 10 times to see if it still works, by kicking my friend and re-inviting him to the lobby and it worked, hope this helps, EA should really give us some info on this..

Edit: PC user.

Message 20 of 115 (11,794 Views)

Re: PS3 Dead Space 3 "Failed to join game" errors!!

★★★ Newbie

My friend and I can both join random games, or even host games and random people will join successfully. But we can't join each other no matter what we try. Our names will show up together in the game lobby, but then the "Failed to join game" error will come up.

This is on PS3, with no other connectivity issues between us. It's just Dead Space 3. We both tried setting up a DMZ on our routers, and then tried forwarding all the ports that were recommended elsewhere by EA. No luck.

I bought two copies of the game just so we could play online together. So far we've just spent 4 hours troubleshooting connectivity issues... it shouldn't be that complicated.

Message 21 of 115 (11,762 Views)

Co-Op Fails to Join! (PC version)

★★ Novice

Hello, I was one of the people who preordered this awesome game. I've been playing it since release and have already beaten it twice. I've never experienced any sort of malfunction with it or anything strange, but hear me out when I say this:

Since launch, I have not been able to join or host any co-op games with my Friend List partners. We've tried multiple fixes: Port Forwarding, resetting routers, changing settings, and yet our NAT still says Strict (if that matters) and there is no way we get anything other than "Failed to join game." each time we try to connect to each other. We will host and see each other briefly fill the Client slot but then either he'll see I disappear when he hosts or I'll see him disappear when I host. There's no way for us to play together.

I tried once to play co-op in Quick Match and it worked, but yesterday I tried it again and no matter how many times I try it will not work. This is starting to get irritating.

I'm disappointed, but I understand nothing is perfect. However, that does not excuse the lack of a fully functioning feature on a product we paid for. I would like answers as to why this feature is behaving so erratically, so completely **bleep** to us, and if possible, I want a permanent solution. I've seen multiple topics on this, can we already get a fix, please?

Message 22 of 115 (12,929 Views)

Re: Co-Op Fails to Join! (PC version)

★★★ Novice
Spoiler

Best of luck to you,  EA dont give a **bleep**

Message 23 of 115 (12,880 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah GL..This have been posted for years with many of their games on origin. The exact same thing happen'd for Mass effect 3. They just dont give a flying **bleep** about they own system. they dont even care to fix the problem.. all they care about is money, so they probably wont fix this problem before a year or two. Since its been a while ME3 was released and the exact same bug shows in Deadspace 3 co-op. GG Ea, seriously you can all just suck a fat one for avoiding this post all the time.

Message 24 of 115 (12,870 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ya EA doesn't care, they posted a couple of "open these ports" BS and then have completely ignored all of us who have posted that it did nothing. Their customer service is a complete joke and I have no problem telling people just how bad EA sucks on every site that ever mentions them

Message 25 of 115 (12,866 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I wasn't having this problem before but I am now, I cannot join anyones game.

Message 26 of 115 (12,857 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, it's nice to know I am not alone in this issue but it would be better to actually have the staff respond so I know what to do about this.

Message 27 of 115 (12,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Spoiler

"but it would be better to actually have the staff respond so I know what to do about this"

Best of luck with that too  LOL  Its EXACTLY what we all wants

Message 28 of 115 (12,826 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same problem. Forwarded UDP ports 3659, 6000, 9999 and TCP ports 9946, 42100, 13000-13100 for both Dead space 3 and Origin, tried the trick with public games and setting both origin and dead space to run as administrator, and still nothing. I hardly ever am able to play with my friends on Origin. When I am unable to, it simply says failed to join game, along the same symptoms as the creator of the thread experienced. 

As a customer that has both Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3, and experiences this issue on BOTH games, I am quite vexed that this is happening. If this keeps up, I might as well ask for a refund, considering that these are digital goods, and they advertise play over the internet, yet fail to deliver a key aspect of it.

I hope this gets fixed. Peace.

Message 29 of 115 (12,814 Views)