Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Re: PS3 Dead Space 3 "Failed to join game" errors!!

★★★ Newbie

Me and my friend tried again and it still wont work on our ps3's can still connect to random people but not my buddy this is very irritating and I don't like the fact that EA seems to be ignoring the problem  and since iv seen people with the same problem on their PC's too I feel its definitely on EA'S end and we can't even get a we are working on it from themConfusedmileysad:

Message 10 of 115 (12,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here. was able to play with a friend on co-op pc for a week but now it keeps returning with "failed to make connection" ... however i am able to connect to other non-friend players via "quick match" WTF is going on!

Message 11 of 115 (12,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue with my mate and I we are using PC... Would never have this problem with steam...

Message 12 of 115 (9,881 Views)

Re: Coop failed to join

★★ Novice

Same issue with my mate and I, we are using PC's... Would never have this problem with steam...

Message 13 of 115 (9,895 Views)

Re: Coop failed to join

★★★ Newbie

I know what yall mean I pre-ordered the game on the Xbox 360 hoping to play co-op with my roommate and found out that you have to have Xbox live gold account in order to join any game since the marketing nuts forgot to advertise that it is online only and if you did not have a live account you can not play. False advertising dudes which is a crime in most states. Although playing the single player campain is ok still like the graphics just wish someone would have warned people about the rest. Even though I do suggest developers to come up with a split screen options for people to buy or to purchase for free since we pre-ordered the game,  this so that it will update games for mutiplayers off line and it just might redem themselve in the eyes of the consumers. Since I am in Retail so yea. Think before you act dudes cause I have heared on the flip side that many people will not purchase your games due to the fact of false advertisement...... Sorry to be the bear of bad news. Have a nice day.

Message 14 of 115 (9,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Looks like no one in EA care. 

Message 15 of 115 (9,843 Views)

★ Apprentice

considering there never seems to be people in here from EA other than eabastian I'd have to say , no, they dont care. I would very much like them to come in here and prove me wrong tho, in fact I'm begging them too

.....waits........

[crickets]

Message 16 of 115 (9,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA's support is sereously the worst ever... No response, 1 singe "advice" on how to "fix" this error (which doesn't work for anybody), no statement on when, how or even IF this crap is going to be fixed. My friend and I bought this friggin game just so we could play it in coop and now it doesn't work cause of some retarded NAT-type sh*t... If we had know that, we won't have paid a single penny for another game ruined by EA. This will be the last time I bought some EA crap.

Message 17 of 115 (9,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys i just SOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!!!!

So all you need is ask you internet provider if you have public IP adress !! Thats it. Ask them about change your  IP adress to public IP adrees and then make settings on your router with information  they have to give you (you need have static IP on your router, so u need new information about it, but only one who can help you is your internet provider)

When they change your ip to public ip you need this information from your provider:

Static IP

Subnet Mask

Gateway

DNS 1

DNS 2

Then get ip of yous PS3 (you find it in network setting list in your ps3) to the DMZ on your router.

When i did the configuration i could join my friend right away.

Im from czech republic (its in europeWink ) and my provider knew how to do it, so it cant be problem to do it in US or anywhere Wink

Message 18 of 115 (9,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

pitrs101,  glad you fixed it,   but most of us already have a public ip.  And still it wont work,  not even if the PC is connected directly to the modem and getting the public ip....   And we shouldnt have to do all this to play the game,   EA should take responsebility and fix the **bleep** game so it answers to the port specified,  coz it doesnt....

I can set up a program and open the specified ports and get answers back with network monitors soft,  but deadspace simply doesnt answer to those ports... 

Its very simple,  ea just dont care,  but for me i can atleast tell that this game is the last one i ever bought from ea.  Ill keep trying to get it to work,   but never ea again!  It would have been 100% ok if they cared and worked on this problem,  but they just ignore it.

If its a patch im missing or diffrence in software,  i dont know... and more important:  Its NOT my problem as i payed for this game

Message 19 of 115 (9,538 Views)