Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dear EA,

I got Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3 upon donating towards the Humble Bundle. I convinced my friend to do the same.

Neither of us can join eachothers coop games in Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3. We've tried everything. Beta update, driver updates, port forwards, windowed mode, unfriending eachother, everything. WE can however join other peoples coop games through quick join. We have no issues playing games with eachother on Steam games however so it's not an issue with us.

We get the "Failed to join game" message in Dead Space 3 and in Battlefield 3 we get a crashed game and then it just says we are playing with eachother in coop but the game isn't open. At that point we can't even invite eachother into another coop game.

Please help us. This left me with a bleak outlook  for Origin as a client for games.

Message 91 of 115 (18,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1 person needs to check co-op, if all goes well I will lay out a pill

skype Rackfor 

ori - Stuweex

BAD ENg sry

Message 92 of 115 (18,317 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, if your modem is working in pppoe, change it for brigde and your router you put in pppoe, THAT WORK, DO WHAT I SAID Standard smile

Any problem or if you dont know how do that, search in the google, videos will help Standard smile

and the last thing: GOOD LUCK .

Message 93 of 115 (18,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Some water:
Look for a solution for over 7 hours, I finally found it, and it was all on the surface of the guys. Almost the entire internet says that there is no solution, or require dedicated IP, but it is not so!

Support EA says you need to open the ports on which it does not approve. Here we must drop deeper if you are happy because the owner of the modem and ADSL dynamic IP, that's my decision.

D-link 2500u had to upgrade the firmware to 1,0,50

then went to the modem address is 192,168,1,1 and found all you need to open a port, namely the virtual server

http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/130904/jRZD9kNMi8.jpg

naturally set up your firewall to cover those ports, and tested. It works thanks ZUMITSU (helping with tests for 7:00)

If anyone has any problems please contact us before starting the game is not too lazy to set the start of the administrator and test the ports program PFPortChecker

sry for eng (im rus)

Message 94 of 115 (18,307 Views)

★ Novice

Still not working, we enter the game, and when I start coop game and invite my friend he enters the game, goes few steps forward and thats it, nothing happens! Common EA, we'r on chptr 14! :D

Fix it, btw 10 days ago it worked well and the game wasnt interrupted at all!

Now we cant play!

Message 95 of 115 (17,915 Views)

★ Novice

hi to all!

sorry for english.

i have got this trouble too. and so what?

I just started a new game and it worked.

The bug was in save file...

Message 96 of 115 (17,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

**bleep** YOU EA, i bought this game JUST to play coop with my friend and I JUST CANT DO IT!!!!!

unbeliveble...

does anyone have a solution that does not includ changing router settings? because my friend cant do this, so we cant do anything...

Message 97 of 115 (17,023 Views)

I can't play co-cp in dead space 3

★★★ Newbie

Hello my name is Timmie.

Me and a friend of mine were trying to play dead space 3 co-op campaign but it just says " Faild to join game" and we tried for hours yesterday. But we still couldn't play co-op. So I turn to you hoping for some answers. I think it is that you need to complete the campaign in solo first but I do think that is weird as well. So how can we play the co-op campaign? I hope you answer this verry soon we do still want to play it. 

Message 98 of 115 (16,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this problem too, worked at first but got a "connection interrupted" and then couldn't join or host any games since that.

If only you'd stuck to releasing your games on Steam, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Message 99 of 115 (16,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sooo.... tried a lot of stuff on the PS3 version now...

I solved the join fail error thing by updating my router. It worked after that.

I tried stuff like new game, different "start game options", port opening/forwarding etc... even trying different variants of hosting/joining the game (friend and me).

So yeah, that was the problem solver... updating my router. For whatever reason... that worked. (It was fine just 3-4 months ago though and wouldn't need any update. Just worked fine before... w/e)

Good luck.

Message 100 of 115 (16,363 Views)