Dead Space 3 autosave will NOT enable

by ShatterstormxX

Original Post

Dead Space 3 autosave will NOT enable

★★★ Newbie

There is no option to turn it on and I get an error upon trying to start a solo campaign that autosave is not enabled and I need to enable it but it gives me no option to change it and there is nothing in the config menu I can change either essentially making this game unplayable unless i plan to beat it everytime I fire it up....

Message 1 of 10 (4,520 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 autosave will NOT enable

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I'm having the same problem. Catch 22.

Message 2 of 10 (4,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ran origin and Dead Space 3 as administrator and autosave is now enabled. Hope this helps someone out there.

Message 3 of 10 (4,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked. Thanks.

Message 4 of 10 (4,184 Views)

★★ Novice

I had to exit and restart Origin for it to work. Restarting DS3 had no effect.

Message 5 of 10 (4,168 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yea bro i've uninstalled and reinstalled this game and origin 3 times, edited the registry default save file location, adjusted administrative rights, and disabled the firewall but nothing has done it for me. They shouldn't be distributing a faulty product, but hopefully they'll patch their system soon. 

Windows 7 Home Premium

Message 6 of 10 (3,831 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have this issue on pc I am in chapter 5  have not played in a while jumped on the game to play for a while  and it crashed  so i go back and its back where i started so i figured it had to do with that , go back playing ( for over an hour way past the 10-15 mins the site says is required) stop and save and i go back and the last save is not there so i am like wtf makes me not want to play . any help appreciated

Message 7 of 10 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2022 and it's still a problem with autosave. Found this page due to a Google search on the autosave problem. I've started the game over 3 times now and for some reason I keep forgetting to manually save before leaving but the autosave feature is on I think so idk. We will see. If it happens again I will just delete the game as it's basically broken

Message 8 of 10 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bradc82584 Did u find a solution?
Message 9 of 10 (1,204 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 10 (1,119 Views)