Re: Dead Space 3 Solo problems: how do i get rid of co-op to complete chapter

by wgridenour

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Solo problems: how do i get rid of co-op to complete chapter

★★★ Novice

how stupid are you people that you cannot understand the actual meaning of one very simple word in the dictionary. the word is SOLO. that does not mean that  solo co-op or multiplayer. because the moment you change the word to encompass those you literally change the word solo into something else. 

I am disabled and a 43 year old homemaker. I like games and they are part of my therapy. one of the reasons I purchased this game was because I had already played the first 2. now however because of someone's royal stupidity solo means you absolutely must play co-op in order to completely finish the chapter. duh.  I do not like co-op of multiplayer mainly because I am disabled. I am to slow compared to most gamers. and before people out there yell at me, yes I tried it. hated it royally. for almost 72 hours straight I tried to find a co-op partner. however, no matter who I matched with, they went to fast. I watched videos on you-tube of the co-op missions.  and nearly every player I got matched with cut the time by 1/3 to 1/2. one of the reasons I did the stupid mission was so I could get 100 % complete on the chapter.

but what really ticks me off is this.

when I started the game, I chose solo, that should by rights me that the chapter is complete once all missions are done. co-op should not even be showing as a choice since once you enter into co-op mode you are no longer on a solo mission.

I am now at chapter 7, just prior to going to the planet. but I am beginning to come to the conclusion that this is a complete waste of time. since I can indeed complete all optional missions because of 2 very simple missions on the planet that once again are co-op I will never be able to complete the game the way I like to. which is to find all collectibles.

EA/Origin, you should be truly ashamed of yourselves for lying to the very, very small minority of people out there like me.  why couldn't you make it so that co-op missions only needed one player if the game mode being played was solo. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently I have finally figured out the secret, you don't give a damn about your gamers with disability's. I have always used your games as part of my therapy. but after this I have come to the complete conclusion that you are wasting my time and that I should go back to the games that actually care.

and another thing this stupid game forced me into using a controller, if I wanted to use a controller I would be playing it on ps4/ps3/xbox not on a computer. not everyone likes controller, having the option is nice but sucks when it is your only choice.

shame shame shame.  I am ashamed that I ever bought my first game from you and now  I am stuck with multiple games,  and pray that perhaps you learn from your mistakes, seriously doubt it though.

Message 1 of 6 (9,683 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought this because of the solo option at the beginning of the game, so if solo is the setting, why the devil is it making me do co-op when by definition co-op is not solo play.

Message 2 of 6 (9,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Damn I'm so sorry nobody answered this. You like completion and I bet there's thousands of players out there who would have loved to play through the game in your pace with some nice dialogue in between.

That's what I'm doing with my disabled console buddy right now and I love it! Cut the limbs bro! Man you saved me there thanks. Yes, two ion cutters make an awesome weapon. Noo, I don't protect you, we protect each other!

It's still fun. Thanks EA for forcing Redwood Shores to implement coop. Though you could have supported and trusted them a bit more in design decisions I guess.

Message 3 of 6 (6,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, the coop area being locked off like that do suck. I'm currently replaying the digital version on the PS3 and have been trying to find someone to get them done with. I managed to get one chapter done but haven't been bale to find someone else since. 

Message 4 of 6 (6,634 Views)

★ Novice
@wgridenour im sorry to hear that. if by any means after 5 years you still werent able to complete those missions and still want to and you play on pc then i can help you with them. just take your time, enjoy the dialogue.
Message 5 of 6 (6,491 Views)

★★ Novice
@wgridenour
"and another thing this stupid game forced me into using a controller, if I wanted to use a controller I would be playing it on ps4/ps3/xbox not on a computer. not everyone likes controller, having the option is nice but sucks when it is your only choice."

What are you talking about ? You don't have to use a controller to play this game on PC. All three Dead Space games had keyboard and mouse controls on release. And all three games still work with keyboard and mouse as of 2023. This sounds like user error.
Message 6 of 6 (2,233 Views)