Dead Space 3 Save Problem

by tallgeese99

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Done that tram bit and completed conning tower for the fifth time. Every time i start the game, im back at the tram station. This is infuriating, cant understand how they let such a gamebreaking issue continue for so long. Ive reached the point in the game where Ive given up playing it, not because the game is too hard, but because the game is broken and i have better ways to spend my time than playing the same part of the game over and over.

Message 81 of 122 (3,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my game crashed and then i lost the save on conning station (if there ever was one)

then i did a "continue story" which left me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back

and then, i tried continue from last save which somehow left me even way more back

and then, i had to do a save&quite (cause theres no just save and just quit) and it left me even waaaaaaaay more back

grats you EA dumb idiots who don't care about your business or jobs anymore

Message 82 of 122 (3,038 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Gave up on the disc version of the game . I can tell you that after deleting all traces of DS3 from my ps3 (uncluding save files)  I got the DOWNLOAD version of the game from the ps store. redownloaded my add ons and have now played the game on all modes and difficulty levels with no problems. Tried 3 NEW discs, 4 different ps3 consoles and different usernames ALL FAILED. The download version played fine. As far as the save problem- after the conning tower mission- if the game does not freeze- play through to the next level. When you see a progress saving icon do a manual save and quit. when you restart the game ALWAYS select continue from last save or you will probably be back to the conning tower or earlier.

Message 83 of 122 (3,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This save system totally sucks.

Im in the chapter 11 and I can't do any of these sub-missions becouse it doesn't save our progress ( in coop ).

What Can I do? There are currently 3 Optional Mission we want to do but when we try to do them I get a crash in some part of the quest and it resets our progress to the beginning.

I guess save system works only with main quests.

Message 84 of 122 (3,004 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had exactly the same problem. If you manage to make it out of a sub mission alive continue playing with the host until you see a progress saving icon. then do a manual save. you should have credit for the mission. sometimnes the auto save will NOT ever appear. I have played 3 entire chapters past the copop with someone and lost it all as i could not save. I have also found that if the hosts game is set to a different difficulty level than what your game is you are doomed.  Sucks. The only advice i can tell you is that I have had no issues with the DOWNLOAD version of the game.  Gave away all 3 of my DS3 discs. they all failed on 4 different ps3 consoles. 2 500 gb brand new versions, one 320 gb slim and a 120 gb slim.

Message 85 of 122 (2,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@tig3rstylus wrote:

Same problem here. Done that tram bit and completed conning tower for the fifth time. Every time i start the game, im back at the tram station. This is infuriating, cant understand how they let such a gamebreaking issue continue for so long. Ive reached the point in the game where Ive given up playing it, not because the game is too hard, but because the game is broken and i have better ways to spend my time than playing the same part of the game over and over.

This is exactly what keeps happening to me! I've Been playing Co-Op with a friend and we got well into Chapter 6 but we keep having to start from the tram in Chapter 5.

Message 86 of 122 (2,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

**bleep**ing console developers and their beloved save point. Don't they understand that when you make a story driven game, replaying large sections of it, kills the momentum. What if I had to read to the end of every chapter before switching off my Nook or risk the device reverting back to the beginning?

Calming down...

Same problem here. Stopped just a few minutes from the end of the conning tower optional mission. Restart after making lunch and I'm dodging the regenerating morphs outside the tram.

Someone please give all those poor gamepad users an F5 key, so we can evolve as a species and universally embrace the quicksave.

Message 87 of 122 (2,954 Views)

★ Novice

I am stuck at the same **bleep**ing place!

What a JOKE, have gotten past that place 4 times now and still back to the start!! 

Message 88 of 122 (2,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not risking any more optional missions. I went straight to the aft section, skipping the conning tower. Seems ok...for now.

Message 89 of 122 (2,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!

I was having this exact same problem, in Chapter 5, playing quite a bit, and then getting thrown back to the place where you fight the regenerating monster while waiting for the tram.  I did the following to fix the problem:

1) TURN OFF CLOUD SAVES

2) COMPLETE THE ENTIRE mid-section mission where you are looking for the guy's inventory stash (he comes on over the loudspeaker and detonates mines he has set a couple of times).  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  This mid-section mission has NO save points and you must complete the entire thing, grab the good, go back to the tram, and go to the last section of the ship, via the tram, in order to get to an actual save point.  I was having this issue for a couple of days and then I did both of these things and the problem is now fixed.  

**I'm not sure if simply completing the entire mid-section and getting to an actual save would have fixed the problem by itself, but I DO know that doing both of these absolutely fixed the issue.  If someone would like to keep the cloud saves on and then complete the entire mid-section issue, get to the save point at the last point via the tram, and then save and quit, that would be awesome.  I haven't had a problem with the cloud saves and they seem like a good idea to keep, just in case something happens to my PC. 

Any comments or thoughts!?

Message 90 of 122 (2,752 Views)