Dead Space 3 Save Problem

by tallgeese99

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★★★ Newbie

When I load up a saved game in Dead Space 3, I do not end up in the exact place I save and exit, nor do I start anywhere near my last location. Can you please fix this problem?

Message 1 of 122 (60,073 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★★★ Newbie

Same thing has happend to me on two occations...First was when out of nowhere the connection with the EA server was lost...I dont recall exacly when this happend but when i stopped playing was on the second optional mission right at the end(playing solo), when i loaded the game it placed me in the hunter chase scene way before that...

The second(happend about a few mins ago) I had my save on Tau Volantis...or w.e...right after the scene where your about to fall with the snow truck thats also on the demo...when i loaded the game it placed me near the place where the big tunnel is broken by that huge necromorph...i didnt even had my new suit on...

Ill like a fix for this as now that i play im constanly concerned that my save file is going to act up again....

The game is beyond my expectations...and I adore it...best iteration yet...only thing i dont like so far is the sound where you place the scavenger bots...kills the mood...heres an idea for a fix...place a light on the back of the suit near the hp, stasis meters...the light is off when not even near a spot, red when in range, orange when closing in, and finally green when around the spot...using the sound of the scavengert bot radar is enough I believe. 

Message 2 of 122 (59,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem... played a hour and a half for nothing, I have to start from the beginning again...

Message 3 of 122 (59,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There is no problem.  You can only load the place of the last autosave. If you use save end exit you only save your inventory. You can read it by using.

Message 4 of 122 (59,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is nonsense. I played for 2 hours and I clearly saw an autosave message displaying when I reached a checkpoint. I can't explain much because of the spoilers. If the game has such few autosave points that means I have to keep my pc running deadspace untill I do. This is to anoying. Deadspace 1/2 had a nicer save / load system. I don't get it why they have to switch to one where you can't quit the game after 2 hours and leave you pc on so you won't loose your location in the game. It's not optimal not the least...

Message 5 of 122 (59,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, incase if the save files are having some sort of problems, then why dont you try some completed save game files of Dead Space 3 game for pc. Check out the youtube video here that tells that all the 19 chapters of this game are finished - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AP-FmCdAYM

Message 6 of 122 (58,018 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same problem. I have tried loading the game by several diffent means, and it always goes back to the same spot. None of my quests or anything is saved either.

Message 7 of 122 (57,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The whole save point system stinks in this game.  I had made it all the way to midship on terra nova and had to quit, only to have to start back at the tram station when I came back.  I had listened to the audio and unlocked the door to go on to the next level... what a crock.

Message 8 of 122 (57,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm having this same issue. It saves on the Skip loading dock instead of where I last was. I can't even load my current save. Everytime I try to hit Load Game, it takes me back to the main menu. Why? Why even have a save feature? Even its own Checkpoint Save system is flawed.
Message 9 of 122 (56,782 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, there is a problem. I've been stuck in the same place for 3 days now. Yesterday I played for over 2 hrs, completed chapter 5, watched the autosave function enable. Shut down my game normally. Went to play in the afternoon, I was right back where I started from..

Why does a game developer think customers have hours to plsy these games?. We are always being interrupted by our families! take the dog out! argue with tthe wife! Have sex with the wife!!!!!  talk to the neighbor!!  household chores!! We need a more flexible game save system!! WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE BUT OUR COOKIES!!!!

Message 10 of 122 (56,271 Views)