Dead Space 3 NAT Type Strict

by TrickyTaquito

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 NAT Type Strict

★★★ Newbie

Ohhh EA. 

Please send your employees to Steam and let them learn how to code nice running games. 

Coop-Mode doesnt work here too. My brother is unable to connect to me and I couldn´t connect on his session. The ports are open and forwarded but no change.

How do I get my money back, because I´m pretty sure you care a **bleep** about us.  

And yes, I have no interest on playing singleplayer. 

Message 51 of 59 (5,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

<--- bin der Bruder

Message 52 of 59 (5,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay everybody who has this problem. My friend and i spent alot of hours figuring this out, including the ports fix, firewalls, fowarding, antivirus software etc....finally found a fix. 

After hearing about the resolution and Vsync fix we found out it isnt the GAME settings, its default computer setting. Particularly if you are running NVidia Control Panel, Afterburner, Or dual monitors. 

Fix:

Disable Dual Monitors

Close and exit Nvidia Control Panel

Close and Exit AfterBurner. 

No problems so far. Hope this helps. GL

-WhiteKnight

Message 53 of 59 (5,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TrickyTaquito wrote:

FOR PC VERSION

My NAT type is set to strict, and it's my understanding that I need to forward the ports to change it to open. Problem is, I have no idea what the ports for it are and Google is of no help. Does anyone know what the ports I need to open are?

My Nat type is strict, beacause my provider is only using  IPv6 inside IPv4 (using tunneling). Enable the online ports can't help someone with this problem. 

Message 54 of 59 (5,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Bastian

With al respect how does a game need 11 ports to creat a open NAT type.

Most games need only 2 ports.

I have only 5 ports left and you ask of me to enter 11.

7 TCP ports and 4 UDP ports.

Is there a 2 port option i like to know, that would be of great help.

Ghost

Message 55 of 59 (4,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi,
I also had this problem and now want to tell you, how I fixed it: I activated "DMZ" for my PC in the router settings. It was also possible to deactivate "DMZ" after Dead Space was already running.
Message 56 of 59 (4,458 Views)

★ Novice

Okay a couple years down the line here, bought this game to play some good old Co-Op, I have forwarded all the ports specified, and it still says NAT Type Strict, is there something I'm missing?

P.S  My firewall isn't blocking it either I checked and rechecked. 

Message 57 of 59 (3,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Where exactly does it show you your NAT? My game doesn't show any NAT type. Can you post a screenshot?

EDIT: I don't get any strict NAT error but me and my friend are unable to connect to each other. Tried everything.. port forwarding, DMZ, etc. What is the solution? How do I know that this is due to a NAT issue?

Message 58 of 59 (3,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I had this problem and my nat type is still strict but still i am now able to play this game on my pc. Everytime i asked about the ports of ds 3 i got different ports to unblock. So what i did was i opened all the ports from 1-45000 for both tcp and udp from my router and it started to work. Now this makes my connection a bit dangerous. So if u are doing this make sure to close them all after u turn off your game everytime. Also it could be that some of your ports are blocked by isp himself in which case you should contact him. Mine is working fine so i hope i iight help others.

Message 59 of 59 (3,366 Views)