Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've just started playing the game and have landed on the ship where Ellie is supposidly trapped.

Every door where you must use kenesis on to open makes some constant aweful ticking sound comparable to a high-pitched jackhammer. It also randomly replays some hydraulic sound when I move away from it that doesn't sound like it's intentional. Edit: I've just confirmed that the sound is the hydraulic sound being replayed constantly very quickly. Sometimes it'll stop if I move away from it for a second or two then it begins back up again.

My PC is far above the required specs in every aspect and the only changes I've made in my config is disabling vsync to get smoother gameplay. Although I've tried enabling vsync which very slightly alters the sound, but still results in the same constant ticking.

Someone uploaded a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIYcjbVJFI

Edit by Admin: Guys we would need some data about this bug. Please check following update in this topic to give us some feedback!

Cheers

Basti

Message 1 of 303 (28,245 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Bumping the thread until I get some sort of acknowledgment. I think this might be a very common bug as nearly everyone I know is experiencing it. Is there a place to report bugs to EA?

Message 2 of 303 (27,756 Views)

★★ Novice

do you have a Radeon? i have the same prob. i think its an ATI Prob : / http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aUPyNhANK54

Message 3 of 303 (27,747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a gtx260 (nvidia) and I have this problem too, so I don't think it is a Radeon problem...

Message 4 of 303 (27,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an Nvidia card as well (GTX 650 AMP) and have also experienced this issue. It seems fairly widespread. 

Message 5 of 303 (27,648 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue, no matter what setting I fiddle with that sound goes on.

Message 6 of 303 (27,629 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. GTX660ti running 313.96 beta drivers (also tested on 310 drivers with no luck) on an i5-3570k cpu.

One thing I've noticed is that the rate at which the sound loops is directly related to the frame rate. If you turn on V-sync, that will limit your frame rate to 30 fps and the sound will repeat slower than with V-sync off. The sound seems to be attempting to play literally every frame, speeding up or slowing down relative to your current FPS.

I've tested this with multiple audio interfaces, multiple graphics drivers, and all manner and combinations of in game options, all to no avail.

Message 7 of 303 (27,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No GPU problem I guess. Got the sound glitch too. It's almost anoying to play the game, keeps me from truly getting immerse in the game. Hopefully visceral will fix this soon because it has direct effect on the gameplay experience.

Message 8 of 303 (27,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed the same problem.  Currently on Chapter 4 in the Greely, just got inside but I've been hearing it since I've first encountered these doors.  GTX 285 user with drivers I haven't checked in about a month or so.

Message 9 of 303 (27,209 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i somehow can't see how this rather noisy problem would be related to my graphics card, but i got it too

running a gtx 470 with 306.97 drivers

Message 10 of 303 (27,198 Views)