Dead Space 3 Does Not Start

by MadMackeyMK

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Does Not Start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I have been having an issue with this game since the day that I bought it and I decided it would be good to post my issue here. No one else that I have spoken  to has been able to help me with this problem so I am really hoping that someone here can. I have tried everything that EA has posted to possibly fix this issue and that has not worked. I also talked to support and they could not help me with this issue either. Thanks.

The Problem: When I start Dead Space 3 from the Origin client, the game shows the loading screen, but when it gets to 100% that closes (and now the game is supposed to open) and nothing happens. The game never launches, but sometime when I launch the game from the .exe file in the root folder then sometimes I can at least get a black screen to appear, then when it does I get the error message "This application has stopped responding" then the process repeats.

What I Have Done: I have replaced my RAM sticks to test those out and ran a 24 hour test on both sets of RAM. My RAM is not the issue here, I can't think of anything else. I installed the games version of DirectX, I have the latest

Error Screenshots:

http://gyazo.com/c12c497c2c81468191493cecbff6d95b.png?1364145711

My System Specs:

• CPU: Intel i5 2500k
  • Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
  • 4x4gb Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz
  • Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 680
  • Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7500
  • Power Supply: Corsair GS 700
  • Computer Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Monitor: Asus VE248H 24in
  • Mouse: NAGA 2012

If you feel that you may need to contact me about this issue below are my game ID's

Steam: MrMackeyMKayyy

Origin: MrMackeyMKayyy

Message 1 of 15 (6,948 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Does Not Start

Community Manager (retired)

I am not sure what kind of workarounds you already tried. We can go through various steps, there might be some points you didn't tried yet. Please keep in mind that Windows 8 is not officially supported for DSIII and Origin.

Let's check your Origin first:

Download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Then add Origin into windows firewall and anti-virus software's white list, direct to folder C:\Program Files\Origin Games and make your DSIII folder writable.

Right click in Origin under "my games" on the DSIII icon and choose "Repair".

Disable your Cloud Storage function:

Open your Origin client, click on “Show Game Details”. Then you go to the cloud button on DSIII and uncheck the “enable cloud storage for all games” box. Launch the game. If that helped, you can try to enable the cloud storage after a restart; it might work after with the cloud storage function. Make sure to use the local data when the information box popping up.

Update your Network Integration Card (NIC): 

1. Start -> Computer -> System Properties -> Device Manager 
  2. Locate your NIC card under Network Adapters 
  3. Right-Click and Select "Update Driver Software. 
  4. Walk through the prompts (typically "Next" -> "Install the software automatically" -> "Next") 
  5. Reboot may be required after successful update.

Please download the latest Nvidia physx driver.

Please keep us updated!

Basti

Message 2 of 15 (6,815 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem except i dont even get a loading screen, i get a black screen and then the not responding error. I have tried everything you listed to try eabastian  and none of it has helped.

Message 3 of 15 (6,808 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly none of those options worked. Same thing, the game does not even open up.

Message 4 of 15 (6,799 Views)

Damn...okay let's check following workaround for a clear new installation of Origin. Please use this workaround step by step and carefully:

To manually uninstall Origin, you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two-part process. This will remove all traces of Origin from your system. Origin players on Mac systems should click here for MacOS Manual Uninstallation steps.
NOTE: If you remove Origin, you will lose accessibility and playability to any downloaded games and manuals until you reinstall Origin.
Remember that editing your computer's registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully.

Remove the Origin program files:

1. From the Start menu, select Computer.
  2. Select the hard drive; by default, Origin is installed on the C: drive.
  3. Select the Program Files folder; on 64bit systems, this will be called Program Files (x86).
  4. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Backup the Windows registry:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R.
  2. At the Run command, type regedit and select OK.
  3. Select File, then Export.
  4. Under Export Range, select All.
  5. Choose a location and name for the backup file, then select Save.

Remove the Origin registry keys:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
  2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
    On 64bit systems, expand the Wow6432node folder.
  3. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.
  4. Expand the Microsoft folder.
  5. Expand the Windows folder.
  6. Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
  7. Expand the Uninstall folder.
  8. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Remove the Origin program cache:

1. From the Start menu, select Computer.
  2. Select the C: drive.
  3. Select the ProgramData folder.  If this folder does not appear, press Alt, select Tools, then Folder Options.  Select the View tab, then check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
  4. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Origin has now been completely removed from your system.

Message 5 of 15 (6,768 Views)

★★★ Novice

Again the same thing. Followed the clean install instructions perfectly and I re-installed Origin. Did not change anything, still the same issue as before with it.

Would you think if I did a dual boot and ran Windows 7 on my computer that it would change anything?

Message 6 of 15 (6,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same issue.

Message 7 of 15 (6,746 Views)

★★★ Novice

Make sure that you mark that you are having the same issue on the initial post. Hopefully it will grab more attention.

Message 8 of 15 (6,744 Views)

It would cost you some time but could be worth a try. Did you tried to run the Game in compatibility mode already?

Another option (if you didn't tried yet) is to run several other graphic card driver versions.
Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to “use application settings”. Set the DS3 graphic options to “low quality” or reduce AA and anisotropic filtering to a minimum.
Launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can try to set the graphic options higher.

Message 9 of 15 (6,732 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of that worked, same error... I don't think the issue is on my end as I have tested all my hardware that could be faulty.

Message 10 of 15 (6,718 Views)