Dead Space 3 DLC vs Origin problems

by mdcolon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 3 DLC vs Origin problems

★ Novice

Alright I've about had it with this.

My problems started with "Awakened". Here's how it went.

1. Got Dead Space 3, played it through. Awesome. Love it.

2. Got "Awakened". Download and install went fine.

3. Then I try to play "Awakened" and I get this message from the game menu:

"Origin In Game Unavailable

Please Enable Origin In Game then restart Dead Space 3"

4. So I do that. Still same message.

5. Did "run Origin as admin" and did it. Still same message.

6. Seemingly got it fixed when tech support told me in live chat help to install the "legendary" version of Origin. 

7. Overjoyed that when I started the game I was able to access the dlc...

… That was yesterday.

8. Omg! 

"Origin In Game Unavailable

Please Enable Origin In Game then restart Dead Space 3"

I'm actually pretty calm though. Not gonna get bent out of shape over a game. But still... a little frustrating.

Message 1 of 5 (1,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 3 DLC vs Origin problems

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mdcolon So sorry for the delay, can you try installing this version of Origin and let me know if you can install the DLC after?

EACade

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,418 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@mdcolon So in looking online with how to deal with this problem I have found that other people have had the same problem. But for some reason, if they're able to resolve it, it's different every single time. And mine seems to be no exception. Apparently I can't update "Origin" to the latest version. I have to stick with the legendary version and now I can access the dlc. It shouldn't be like that... But that's what I'm going with.

Fix your crap, EA.
Message 2 of 5 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mdcolon So sorry for the delay, can you try installing this version of Origin and let me know if you can install the DLC after?

EACade
Message 3 of 5 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you EA_CADE i downloaded the previous version of origin client and my Dead Space 3 DLC is now downloading  

Message 4 of 5 (1,340 Views)

★ Novice

Greets.  Just started playing this again and I'm getting the same thing with the Origin In game setting message.  Chatted with support a few days ago and they ended up sending an email and having me do the delete most all the old folders thing and that (seemed) to have fixed it.  For one use anyway.

Now it's back to doing the same thing.  Can't you guys fix this since it seems to be recurring?  Or is the only other fix still to install an outdated Origin Client?  If the better way is the folder deletions, could you please post that link as I no longer have it.  I thought it was a perm fix at the time but now see that it's not.  Thanks.  D.H.

Message 5 of 5 (1,203 Views)