Dead Space 2: not listed in my Origin account library

by Rusty_Trap

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 2: not listed in my Origin account library

★★ Novice

I own Dead Space 2 (PC) and it's in my game collection in the EA beta launcher.  However, the game doesn't appear in my Origin game library.  When I search for Dead Space 2 in Origin, it shows that I have to purchase the game.  Why isn't the game in my Origin game library?  I own approximately 25+ games in EA/Origin and Dead Space 2 is the only one that isn't in both of my libraries.

Message 1 of 23 (3,605 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 2: not listed in my Origin account library

★★ Novice

I chatted with an EA support advisor.  The advisor said Dead Space 2 is currently hidden/disabled because there's a problem with the game and they're doing testing on it.  That's the reason the game doesn't appear in my Origin library.  The advisor said the problem will be "resolved soon."

Thanks for your help.

View in thread

Message 7 of 23 (3,490 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Rusty_Trap 

I'm not seeing Dead Space 2 on the account you're posting with. Do you happen to have another EA account this game was purchased on?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 23 (3,558 Views)

★★ Novice

I only have one EA/Origin account and it's the same one I'm using to post here in the forum.  I've attached a screenshot showing the game in my EA beta launcher.

I got the game in this month's Prime Gaming offer.  I don't remember if I redeemed the claim code in the Origin launcher or the EA beta launcher.  I have the claim code if that helps you any.

Message 3 of 23 (3,545 Views)

Community Manager

@Rusty_Trap 

Thanks for those details. Have you tried the suggestions in this article?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 23 (3,536 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's what I did from the link you provided:

1. I checked in Origin to see if the game was marked as hidden.  It wasn't hidden.  I don't have any hidden games.
  2. I cleared the data cache in Origin following the step-by-step directions in the provided link.  I restarted my computer, but the game still isn't in my Origin game library.

Neither of those solutions worked.  The game still appears as owned in my game library in the EA beta launcher, but not in Origin.

Message 5 of 23 (3,508 Views)

Community Manager

@Rusty_Trap 

Thanks for the update. Those are all the suggestions I have. It would be good to have an advisor take a look at your account. To do that, try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 23 (3,498 Views)

★★ Novice

I chatted with an EA support advisor.  The advisor said Dead Space 2 is currently hidden/disabled because there's a problem with the game and they're doing testing on it.  That's the reason the game doesn't appear in my Origin library.  The advisor said the problem will be "resolved soon."

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 23 (3,491 Views)

Community Manager

@Rusty_Trap 

Ah ok. I wasn't actually aware of that. That would explain it then. Apologies for all the attempted troubleshooting. Hopefully, we'll have you back in Isaac's shoes soon Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 23 (3,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi, I have the same problem. My Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition EU-Version, for which I redeemed my Retail copy key long ago, is gone from my Origin library. No filters are set, no hidden games either. When I try to activate the key, it says, that the key has already been redeemed (of course it has been by me). It's also missing in the EA App, where are even more games, like Mass Effect 1 - 3 (not LE). Please help, I want to play the game. Thanks!

PS: My brother's copy is listed in his Origin library, though. He bought it on Origin Store, not retail.

Message 9 of 23 (3,041 Views)

Community Manager

@KiRiASU 

I can see Dead Space 2 is on your account. Did you try all the steps I mentioned in this thread? Especially, the link I provided here.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 23 (3,009 Views)