Dead Space 2 Invalid Serial Number

by Severism

Original Post

Re: Asking for activation code for Dead Space 2

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok so after 2 separate open cases and 3/4 support guys/gals , I managed to solve the issue.

The most important thing that i had problems during support was the proof of purchase for EA Play.

Make sure that the profile name/public nickname is the same as your account name on steam. Because in the proof of purchase I had 2 different names ( my usual nickname and my account name) they think that there are discrepancies and that will invalidate the case.

The standard robot answer will be they cant verify your account ( i know stupid) and cant assist your further. Apparently they cant check your receipt id ....or don't care enough to do it. And also Steam is stupid that when you open your purchases for subscription services they don't display your account name in there.

So again make sure you don't have different names on steam that will make it look out of place. 

Message 41 of 74 (1,640 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 Invalid Serial Number

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Given that you completely missed the issue I had, your steps ARE actually incorrect. 

Steps actually are:

Product is DeadSpace (not a service like origin or logging in)

Platform is Steam (it was a Steam bought game like I stated)

Codes and promotions (as stated, again, its an invalid serial code)

Invalid code (once again, its an invalid serial code)

Really, I attached screenshots of the error, long windedly detailed everything about the error and the issue. I got help with this already and it's fixed. At this point, I'm merely completely astounded by the level of an absolute lack of observational skills. I've dealt with EA support twice on this, and EA Answers once. I've gotten copy and paste answers from you and one other - where it's no better than google on one hand and an automated response AI on the other (The latter is your responses to forum posts). And hilariously, BOTH times where the service was terribly lack luster, the answers were both wrong! It's borderline a joke. 

Utterly disappointing because all it takes is simply to take the time to read. When all responses are literally copy and pasted regardless of the user posting a topic about a support issue,, all assistance is gone. The frustration may be worsened, and to top it off... the "help" may not even be accurate. 

Seriously, no response is better than an incorrect response.

I always had my doubts to the level of hate that people throw around regarding EA support. But after all of this, I actually believe it. Everything said may seem harsh, but it's one real disappointing truth. How difficult is it really to tailor a template response to someone's actual problem? Even moreso than support level, community reps should have some level of personability, and not just some robot. When you copy/paste, you lose ALL personability and credibility. 

Message 42 of 74 (1,733 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Severism, when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

The steps I shared above are a template, you are free to adapt them to your specific issue but I have found that the ones I shared are the best way to get support.

For issues such as you were facing our live support are the best avenue of support. My post offered the fastest way to get help with your issue as there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to assist with the issue.  

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 43 of 74 (1,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It was polite enough for your level of "help" and the situation you couldn't grasp, and I use the word "help" loosely at this point. I made my point - you're not as helpful as you think you are and could be. I told you what could be better. Take it or don't.

There is a reason EA is seen to have quite terrible support in many levels. And you do little to nothing to help that.

Message 44 of 74 (1,699 Views)

Invalid serial number Dead Space 2

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. About six months ago, I bought and installed Dead Space 2. At that time, it was installed and started just fine, I even played a little. I tried it to make sure there was no problems with the game. Now I decided to install the game again, but upon launching I have a problem that the game key is invalid. I read on the forums that this is not a Steam problem, it's EA, so I immediately decided to contact you, because I could not find any other options. I sincerely do not understand why people have problems, especially with old games, although they paid for them. I wouldn't write anything if there were alternatives, but I don't even have a key to try to activate the game in Origin. Can you please suggest a solution to this problem?

Message 45 of 74 (1,709 Views)

Re: Invalid serial number Dead Space 2

★★★★★ Novice

You'll have to contact EA support directly. Either by phone or live chat (help.ea.com)

If you go with the live chat option (the one I took for the same issue - and they fixed it), here are the steps:

- Go to help.ea.com

- Select 'Contact Us'

- Select the game (Dead Space 2)

- Select the platform (Steam - from looking at your screenshots)

- Select the topic (codes and promotions)

- Select the issue (Invalid code - base off your last error screenshot)

Explain the issue to the rep and you may likely have to prove your purchase and/or prove ownership of your Origin account (done via email generally). Be short and sweet and to the point -and it should go smooth. My issue seemed to be just like yours and I got my serial within 15 mins.

Good Luck

Message 46 of 74 (1,679 Views)

Re: Invalid serial number Dead Space 2

★ Novice

Thank you. The chat does not appear because I am from Russia. Put the USA and the chat appeared. Thank you)

Message 47 of 74 (1,664 Views)

when i was playing on steam for the dead space 2... i need a serial code...

★★★ Newbie

i need a serial code

Message 48 of 74 (1,630 Views)

needing a serail number after purchse of EA membership

★★ Newbie

Downloaded the EA membership on steam  and added dead space  1,2,3 into my libary and  installed them now dead space 2 is asking for a serial number  (after purchse of EA membership) 

how do i fix this ??   and please bring back dead space <3 

Message 49 of 74 (1,679 Views)

Re: Dead space 2 will not launch(Invalid serial number)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Illium

- Game purchased Jun 1, 2020, on Steam

- I have not used EA play

- The game has worked before, did not use a serial key

Message 50 of 74 (1,791 Views)