Dead Space 2 CE Online Pass Deactivated?

by kylerandom199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 2 CE Online Pass Deactivated?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello all. I recently deleted my Dead Space 2 install data (which contains my original online pass and Collector's Edition DLC) to clean up my PS3's HDD for more games. Unfortunately, when I reinstalled Dead Space 2 I found that my Online Pass was deleted, but my unlocks from beating Hardcore mode and the other difficulties were intact in a new file (I deleted the game saves as well to get a fresh start). 

My question is is there a way to recover this CE Online Pass? My friend had a similar issue, and I recall he had a new code generated by EA support. I appreciate any help you may give me, thanks! 

Message 1 of 6 (1,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 2 CE Online Pass Deactivated?

★★★★ Novice
Hi, as far as I know the collectors edition content pack can be redownloaded via the account management section of the XMB. Go into Account Management, then into Transaction Management and finally into Download List. Scroll down and find a file called Dead Space Collectors Edition, this should reunlock your Collectors Edition status which I assume also contains the pass.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,298 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Hi, as far as I know the collectors edition content pack can be redownloaded via the account management section of the XMB. Go into Account Management, then into Transaction Management and finally into Download List. Scroll down and find a file called Dead Space Collectors Edition, this should reunlock your Collectors Edition status which I assume also contains the pass.
Message 2 of 6 (2,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, that did the trick. I'm still curious as to why the pass isn't connected to me account and is instead linked to my system, IE I couldn't go over a friends house and play DS2 with my CE unlocks unless I redownloaded the pass off of my PSN account, which isn't a big deal, but still. 

Thanks for helping me outConfusedmileyhappy: !

P.S. I assume this works for the regular Online Pass as well, so if anyone deleted it and would like to recover his/her pass, this should work. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It does indeed work with standard edition aswell Kyle, its the same method to retrieve online passes for more or less any title that requires one.

It can be annoying to redownload I agree, but I think that may be something on Sonys end with how they handle pass based content.

Glad I could help!

Message 4 of 6 (1,781 Views)

Dead Space 2 - PS3 Online Pass is missing from store

★★★ Newbie

Greetings!

Recently, ive bought DS2 and when i tried to unlock/purchase the online pass there was only a greyed out button for it. The only thing i can try is the 2 day trial. Also, i'm using a HU account for main and there was no purchase option there as well.

What can i do?

Message 5 of 6 (1,124 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 - PS3 Online Pass is missing from store

Community Manager

@Shepkun Are you accessing the store from the same geographical location as the disc is from? 

If you launch the game and try to play an online mode what happens? 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,092 Views)