DS3 Menu opens randomly, eventually causes black screen

by L33Marvin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DS3 Menu opens randomly, eventually causes black screen

★★★ Newbie

Just started playing DS3 on a Win 10 PC with fully updated drivers.  After a few minutes of playing, the game locks up and then opens the in game menu.  After leaving the menu, I was able to play some more before the same thing occurs, but this time causes the screen to go black and I cannot seen anything to choose on the menu.  I am using graphic settings recommended through Nvidia GeForce Experience, so it should not be an issue with GPU power as this is a 7 YEAR OLD GAME!   Is this because I am running it on a resolution setting outside of the game norms? (2560x1440).  It looked like this question was posed several years ago with no resolution from EA

Message 1 of 4 (617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DS3 Menu opens randomly, eventually causes black screen

★★★ Newbie

So just to clarify, there is a resolution for 2560*1440 for the game.  I seemed to correct the issue by making two changes but don't know what fixed it.  One was selecting a 2560x1440 resolution at 144hz, which is the native resolution for my monitor.  The second was adjusting a default key binding for the menu that may have caused a problem.  Not sure what fixed it, but its resolved.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (558 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@L33Marvin To check if you run the game in one of its intended resolutions, does this continue to happen? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So just to clarify, there is a resolution for 2560*1440 for the game.  I seemed to correct the issue by making two changes but don't know what fixed it.  One was selecting a 2560x1440 resolution at 144hz, which is the native resolution for my monitor.  The second was adjusting a default key binding for the menu that may have caused a problem.  Not sure what fixed it, but its resolved.

Message 3 of 4 (559 Views)

Community Manager
@L33Marvin Thank you for sharing this, and apologies for the confusion I had thought you were changing the resolution by messing with files. (I read your post wrong).

I can share the 2 steps you tried with the team in case we see this again.

Also, can't wait for the remake!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (544 Views)