Co-op mission Archeology crashes PC

by Usodinga

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Co-op mission Archeology crashes PC

★★★ Newbie

Hello, anyone else ever run into the issue where running the Archeology co-op mission actually crashes your PC??

It's happened to me 3 times now while playing with a friend and at first I thought it may be due to an overheating issue but other games like Overwatch, Swtor, Shadow Warrior 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order all play fine on Ultra settings so that can't be it.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Co-op mission Archeology crashes PC

★★★ Newbie

Make a decent effort to ensure your pc is cool with fans, lower than necessary graphics settings, etc. The graphics card sucks up the most power and generates the most heat and they get real hit or miss when theyre overheated. I recently downloaded Razer's new power management software called Cortex, which kills all unnecessary background processes for the sake of gaming. The issue could also be related to you running out of memory at whatever point the program crashes, and that Cortex software will go in behind you and knock out the status monitoring software, update assistants, etc that soak up all your ram. If that doesn't solve the problem then it's more likely to be a corrupt file in your install or maybe some sort of ping related phenomenon but I dunno I really doubt it...

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Usodinga

A few things to try:

Try those steps and let us know how you get on here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Make a decent effort to ensure your pc is cool with fans, lower than necessary graphics settings, etc. The graphics card sucks up the most power and generates the most heat and they get real hit or miss when theyre overheated. I recently downloaded Razer's new power management software called Cortex, which kills all unnecessary background processes for the sake of gaming. The issue could also be related to you running out of memory at whatever point the program crashes, and that Cortex software will go in behind you and knock out the status monitoring software, update assistants, etc that soak up all your ram. If that doesn't solve the problem then it's more likely to be a corrupt file in your install or maybe some sort of ping related phenomenon but I dunno I really doubt it...

Message 3 of 3 (372 Views)