Re: Cannot download Awakened.

by unclegrumpus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot download Awakened.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Can anyone please help with this? For some inconceivable reason I can't download Awakened for PC! I click download in the DLC menu, and all it says is 'you own this'. No progess bar appears or anything, there's no indication that it is downloading!

Does it download in the background and I just leave the game running until the 'play DLC' button becomes active, or what?

If I can't get help on this issue, then I'm going to my bank for a refund.

Message 1 of 8 (3,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

When you purchased it, it should have automatically begun downloading the game. It appears very similar to a patch at the bottom of the Origin window. If you don't see it, you may want to try restarting Origin. If you've purchased the DLC and it is not downloaded, it should have "Download" in the place of "Buy" in the Origin DLC list for the game. You can find out if you have it installed in-game. Go to Single Player or Coop, but don't select chapter select. You will need to click on downloadable content. It will not prompt what DLC you wish to run and should automatically launch the Awakened DLC.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (3,467 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

When you purchased it, it should have automatically begun downloading the game. It appears very similar to a patch at the bottom of the Origin window. If you don't see it, you may want to try restarting Origin. If you've purchased the DLC and it is not downloaded, it should have "Download" in the place of "Buy" in the Origin DLC list for the game. You can find out if you have it installed in-game. Go to Single Player or Coop, but don't select chapter select. You will need to click on downloadable content. It will not prompt what DLC you wish to run and should automatically launch the Awakened DLC.

Message 2 of 8 (3,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much! Restarting Origin fixed the problem, Awakened is now downloading! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 8 (3,319 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Great news, I hope you enjoy the DLC!

Message 4 of 8 (3,316 Views)

Dead Space 3 Awakened won't Install

★★★ Newbie

The  Origin client on my PC shows that I purchased it. It shows up within the game itself under the DLC menu, with its check box filled in. But the only option it gives me is to download it .... which pops me back to the Origin store that offers to sell it to me (again).

Within the store, I can click through my library to get to Awakened under the Expansions heading. Hovering over it pops up a "play" button, but that just launches DS 3, and then I'm back in the loop described in the previous paragraph.

How do I actually play Awakened?

Message 5 of 8 (3,287 Views)

Problem with downloading the Dead Space 3 Dlc Awakened

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello i have a problem with the Dead Space 3 Dlc Awakened.

Everytime i klick on the download button the game opens a window where i coud see all my bought Dlc (Awakened) and all the outher Dlcs.

But no Download starts, so im really depressed because i got the Dlc to my birthday and i want to play it.

Greeting

astraxrazor

Message 6 of 8 (3,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately this did not fix it for me. Apparently it's only a problem with the Awakened DLC for Dead Space 3, nothing else has any issues downloading.

Message 7 of 8 (2,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem I have is that Origin keeps saying that I don't have enough disc space, but I have 117 GB free.  I sent a report to Origin Support, hopefully they can fix this.

Message 8 of 8 (2,142 Views)