Re: Cannot Purchase Sims 4 Expansions

by lorosencrans

Original Post

Cannot Purchase Sims 4 Expansions

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello.

I reinstalled Origins and the Sims 4 recently (after abou a year of not playing) and am unable to purchase expansions. When I try to add them to my cart, it says WARNING, Origins in Game is disabled. However, my Origins in Game is not disabled. I made sure it was enabled in my Origins application settings. 

I'm on a Mac, 10.14.1  Mojave

I tried changing my video settings in every which way. Different resolutions, windowed mode, v sync on or off, retina display on or off.
Also tried enabling it in the game properties (it was already enabled though).

I've chatted with support twice, they reset my account and had me run a CCleanup application. I restarted my computer and still got the warning. Second time I contacted support, I was told to clear cache in Library > Application Support  > Originns, but didn't have the folder they told me to clear cache from. I have many other cache folders. What cache needs to be cleared? Then the adviser said to get a ResetOrigins application and run it, but I couldn't find any place to download it and by that point it had been several hours and I had to go to bed.

This morning, I got an Origins Troubleshooter and it doesn't do anything (no interface at all, just acts like it's trying to load one and never does). 

If anyone has any other ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

The expansions I wanted are on sale right now and I hope not to miss it. Getting very frustrated though and might not buy anything from EA again if this is normal and unfixable.

I'm waiting to contact support again (no advisers online currently). I really appreciate the help, support has been fantastic short of fixing the problem.

Aside from this problem, for some reason my support request lists me as being on a PC and I'm not sure how to fix this (it keeps confusing the advisers). I was also unable to contact support via phone due to an error, and on top of that, I keep getting this error when I try to post in these forums:

YOU EITHER HAVE TO LOG IN OR NEED PERMISSION TO SEE THIS PAGE.

Message 1 of 3 (942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Were you able to resolve this issue?  I have a MacBook pro and receive this message as well, but the in game is already activated in Origin.

Message 2 of 3 (746 Views)

★★ Novice

Sry for Necro

But Well done Posting in the totaly wrong Place 

god Wish Noobs would read before posting there * evry where

Message 3 of 3 (575 Views)