Can't Access Co-Op Menu

by spacegineering

Original Post

Can't Access Co-Op Menu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everyone, I recently bought Dead Space 3 for the PS3 and wanted to play co-op campaign with a friend since I'd already played/beaten in years back on solo for the 360. My problem is I can't access the menu for Co-Op campaign at all! It takes me to the Online Pass page, which says "The Online Pass is not available for download at this time. Please try again later." and I can't hit the redeem code nor purchase online pass links either. Trying to go through the extras>Online Pass section yields the same problem; I tried checking to see if I could redeem it through the PS Store and while it's listed I can't download it from there. I know the Online Pass thing got discontinued sometime in 2013 but it seems people have still been able to play DS3 online so I'm just a but confused as what else I can do?

I've been trying for around 2 weeks but I still get that same unavailable message. Anyone know how to  get past this or am I just SOOL?

Message 1 of 9 (907 Views)

Re: Can't Access Co-Op Menu

Community Manager
Hi @spacegineering,

Do you have PlayStation+? You should be able to download the Pass if you have an active PS+ membership.
EACade
Message 2 of 9 (866 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, yes I have Playstation Plus now, I just double checked checked it hadn't expired and it's not, currently active! My internet works as on my PS3 just fine too but I still get that same error!

Message 3 of 9 (835 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @spacegineering,

Just to confirm - you're checking in the Downloadable Content section of the Main Menu to download it, correct?
EACade
Message 4 of 9 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, I'm checking both the downloadable section on the main menu & the co-op campaign menu too.

Message 5 of 9 (795 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @spacegineering,

Are you playing via an actual PS3 console or the version on PSNow?
EACade
Message 6 of 9 (770 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Through an actual PS3 Console
Message 7 of 9 (751 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @spacegineering,

Gotcha, have you tried removing the PSN ID from the PS3 and then readding it? Since the removal of the online passes it should automatically allow multiplayer first time you launch online then.
EACade
Message 8 of 9 (743 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Cade, just tried that and sadly I'm still getting the same exact message. ):

Message 9 of 9 (693 Views)