Re: Unable to access 'Downloadable Content' in Dead Space 3 Limited Edition

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Same thing. Contacted support and told to open a novels length of ports but still no DLC or Co-Op connection. DLC is not too much an issue but I need Co-Op as logs and relics are locked behind Co-Op doors.

Message 11 of 40 (3,454 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys!

Okay I will try to provide you a more detailed workaround for this issue. It is mostly related to your router ports but could caused by firewall, administrator rights, busy server and other stuff as well.

Please check following list and reply if it's working now or not!

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).

Please get sure that you have installed the newest version, it could help to de-install Origin before. Sometimes older "updated" version may have some issues and a lot of players install Origin from an previously downloaded file on their computer.

Close the origin client after installation and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Please get sure that Origin.exe and DSIII is added to the exception list of your firewall/antivirus software. Keep in mind that some protection software is blocking applications even if they are disabled!

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 12 of 40 (3,403 Views)

★★ Novice

Problem still persists. Co-op has worked fine from day one, but neither I or my co-op partner can access the DLC menus because of the error.

Message 13 of 40 (3,401 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The solution you provided has been tried by many but fall short of its effectiveness. 

Message 14 of 40 (3,393 Views)

★★ Novice

@eabastian

That solution didn't work at all.

Message 15 of 40 (3,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ea pls

Message 16 of 40 (3,385 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys!

We are looking into it. Give us a sign if you found out something else aka a working solution.

Cheers

Basti

Message 17 of 40 (3,379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thanks ea, finally some action :D

Message 18 of 40 (3,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, eabastian.

I reported it ealier as well and opened ports, checked all admin rights etc pp and whatnot.

It worked earlier, but not flawlessly.

At 00:01 AM GMT+1 it worked a bit, right after the release for Germany. When I woke up this morning at 10 AM and started playing at 11 AM, it no longer worked till 2 PM. 3:05 PM right now while I'm writing this reply and I will check again asap, since I have a Workbench near my last save point.

Greetings,

Maxunit

EDIT:

Tried again a few times, played for some time...still not working.

Message 19 of 40 (3,365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope, still doesn't work. Tried all your suggestions/workarounds, though it's odd a AAA game like this would need "workarounds"

Message 20 of 40 (3,342 Views)