new

by Valkyr_Yin

Original Post

Re: new

★★ Guide
@Valkyr_Yin my dude i always keep my eye out for posts especially from the regulars that post here. i also get what you mean about being able to test out every character in the firing range. i personally remember going through early on and buying characters that id worked hours up to getting and being extremely disappointed by how weak or by how much effort id have to put into them just to get good results. i feel that would be a perfect feature very worth putting into the game
Message 11 of 23 (1,603 Views)

★ Apprentice

HEY! I just thought of something! You know how we all miss titanfall so much? 2 words. JACK COOPER. Passsive would be "Lost bonds" allowing him to see weapons of the ammo he picks up. This could be useful if you're having trouble finding you specific loadout if you have one. Tactical "Ghost of the Militia"  Giving him a slight jumping increase. maybe from a normal jump to about a octane jump pad height? I'm not too sure because even as im saying it it sounds way too OP already. Ultimate shouldnt need explaining "Titanfall".... Giant robot returns from the sky rebuilt by the IMC. BT and Cooper can go on their rampage for 40 seconds but BT (as to not make him step on everyone) is about the size of Gibraltar with Wraith on his shoulders (sitting). He and BT only have a titan sized flatline or r-301 (can be selected in settings) @House-of-crimson pls tell me if there is anything I can do to balance these two out. Love to hear from you Standard smile

Message 12 of 23 (1,568 Views)

★★ Guide
@Valkyr_Yin OK so its a good idea and your defiantly not the first to come up with a jack cooper play style. ok so for the passive i seriously cant get out of my head that sounds way to much like Loba. id consider going a little more offencive. i dont know enough about him but i feel he'd be much more of an offence based character. the tactical could be useful but id maybe give him a charge amount or a reset upon hitting the ground (maybe consider the wall run i have heard of that being in a kit). your right the ult is to op. its why i am a little against this guy being placed in. however lets consider a few ways it could be balanced out. 1. id make its aiming movement, and walking movement slowed. 2. any attack besides maybe basic fire forces it to stop moving. 3. it has a health bar which could be weak in set sections meaning it would be easy to deal higher amounts of damage to it. 4. its more accurate at longer ranges meaning players just have to get close. 5. defiantly dive it either a fuel duration or a time duration
Message 13 of 23 (1,559 Views)

★ Apprentice
@House-of-crimson Thank you ma brudda. I think his wallruning should have a cooldown like the zipline. we may or may not have to make a new map because I cant think of too many places it would be most effective.
Message 14 of 23 (1,552 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok! I have returned yet again and now have a name for our little sister bloodhound. Tiamat. And yes, I may need to change her abilities. Maybe. I thought I should make her more water based to match her dragon name. But I still think summoning a baby prowler, being similar to dragons (scales and frills etc) is a good idea for a healer. Durations also still look good. Tell me what you think and I really hope they add her in season 13.

Message 15 of 23 (1,377 Views)

Re: New Legends and Weapons

★ Apprentice

I have a new legend idea yet again. Koal (pronounced ko-AL) The Fire Starter. Yet another Salvonian who witnessed Fitzroy fighting in the bone cage. Inspired by the man, he went on to train to be just like him. And when he heard that Fitzroy and Maggie had joined the Apex games, he knew that he had to join too. Now with a hand cannon filled with flames, he enters the Apex games with a bigger bang than Fuse. Passive:Pyromancer Mimic, allows Koal to negate all fire damage and run 20% faster with heavy weapons. Tactical:Flames of Salvo. Koal uses his hand cannon to launch mini drones (that move like crabs) and form a heat net over an area (same area as Fuse's ultimate) dealing 10 sheild damage per second. Ultimate:Friendly Fire, allows him to call in his Pyro-Droid that spins like the ultimate of Wattson, spraying fire that heals allies and damages enemies temorarily stunning them if they get too close. This ultimate only heals health but I think he should be placed in assault class. Main kill quip:"Feel the burn! Brought to you from Salvo". Enemy ping quip:"Droplet here. I don't like them". Main intro quip:"Never been burnt before? Now you have". Downed quip:"I've been downed..... Damn". Taking damage quip:"People are shooting at me over here". Firing quip:"Unleashing heat". @House-of-crimson Think this is good for apex?

Message 16 of 23 (1,318 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Valkyr_Yin I think it'll make the Apex lore a bit spicier than it already is. And then when theer is a team with Koal, Fuse, and Maggie we can call it the "Salvonian Legion"
Message 17 of 23 (1,315 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Valkyr_Yin Legion of salvo sounds better
Message 18 of 23 (1,302 Views)

★★ Guide
@Valkyr_Yin ok i like that passive immunity to flames would make sence i havent been able to play this season or at the end of last but i know maggie now has a flame maker ability which would be good as a counter however id consider leaveing the speed increase of the heavy weapons and maybe just say he doesnt get slowed by certain effects such as maybe a concuss or something. for the tac id just consider maybe makeing a small capture like net that burns and roots enemies in place as if you go to much like fuse its going to just out right replace him which personally doesnt sound fun. as for the ult id maybe consider a shielding ability over a heal. like it could melt bullets. however if you want to go for a heal and you want it to use fire consider makeing it deal damage to your team as an innital hit and then full healing them. i say this as fire is destructive and it only heals things when the effects of the fire are done and the world around it begins to heal and turn a lush green. hopefully that weird little tidbit helps get my view out there. anyway let me know if that helps with anything my dude always happy to help. keep up the good work
Message 19 of 23 (1,259 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK, so, big mega news. I have started the design for Ko-al. I am not a very good artist but his gear should be easy. I would like to keep the whole drone for the ultimate with some changes. The first change I made is instead of healing of any kind, it does sheild damage. What I mean by that is, if I have a white evo with no damage yet, I'll recieve 25 sheild points [lets call it] and I'll slowly get to blue evo. If I start with a blue evo I'll get halfway to purple. Just so its a bit balanced. I think itll be a good counter for people who like hot drop locations to get extra sheild points for better defense against enemies who have better guns. Or just against people with guns in general. And since it'll be fairly overpowered, the cooldown will be 40 seconds and the active time is 15. I am very excited for the rough draft to be done. Season 14 will hopefully add Ko-al.

Message 20 of 23 (1,031 Views)