New Legend Concept: Audio-Visual Trickster

by Wisdom-Eye

Original Post

Highlighted

New Legend Concept: Audio-Visual Trickster

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Audio-Visual Trickster/Chaos Agent

Note: I prefer the first of the two class names I concocted, but since this character is all about messing with the minds of enemy Legends, the second might be more succinct depending on your perception, reader.

Introduction: Think of him as the counter to Bloodhound, and even perhaps Crypto as well. He's the anti-recon character, in other words. More specifically, though, where Bloodhound and Crypto reveal pertinent and helpful information in the battle, this guy is about distorting said information and even causing effects that are meant to confuse/scare the player who is on the receiving end of his abilities. I wouldn't grant him anything like Fortified, but this guy becomes truly threatening when more enemy Legends are around. I like to think that cooldown periods should be medium-to-long, so as to keep this character from being too powerful, especially when you read into his abilities.

Panic Aura (Passive): All enemy Legends within a 25-meter radius (also has reasonable vertical coverage) of the Trickster bear the brunt of audio distractions when indoors. So, yes, this 'aura' ignores physical objects/barriers like buildings, walls, doors, etc. Enemies who are otherwise outdoors go through visual distractions instead. If an affected Legend transitions from inside to outside/vice-versa, the transition of effects remains consistent with the Legend's movement; sounds can fade in or out, for example. The Trickster is immune to slow effects and his action clues (makes him great against Bloodhound) wear off more quickly; enemy trickster effects are halved (duration and damage, etc.).

Note: Does it do anything for teammates? I don't think this would be a good idea. If anything, teammates are completely immune to his effects, simple as that. Also, this makes deliberate, quiet movement beneficial for the player when they have reason to believe that there are (hopefully unaware) enemy Legends running around; this can get them paranoid and lose their cool. Cool?

Berserk Ray (Tactical): Send a rolling energy wave where you aim at which, when it hits, causes Legends to briefly lose control of themselves, firing wildly during the duration and increasing damage taken by a small amount (5/10/15%? I am undecided on this one). This exact effect lasts three seconds. A residual effect follows, which causes audiovisual hallucinations to appear at randomly-timed intervals; both sounds & visual anomalies will occur. This lasts for five seconds. The tactical ability causes no damage but this can slow down a target during the berserk effect.

Note: As stated, the energy wave moves in the direction you aim at; it isn't an AoE attack and isn't instantaneous. Think of it like Bloodhound's scanning ability, only it covers the area directly in front of the player character/where you aim. Gives enemy Legends the chance to dodge this effect should they notice the warmup animation in-time.

Hysteria Matrix (Ultimate): Releases a pulse around the Trickster (AoE) that causes immediate effects to induce fear in enemy Legends. Causes damage as well by way of inducing a migraine, which can very brief screen fade. One such effect includes making enemy shield and health readouts appear to be critical condition, complete with on-screen visual cues to dupe the player into thinking that they've been critically hurt all of a sudden. A fake grenade indicator can also appear for affected targets. Other effects can also occur, but I don't know what they may be at this moment. Wears off after a short period of time.

Note: This might make you think even more of Bloodhound's scanning ability because it behaves similarly. Only, this ability causes damage, lingers for a brief duration on the target(s), and isn't used for reconnoitering. It's purely meant to sow chaos among the ranks of all enemy Legends.

As of this writing, I don't have any names for the actual character itself, nor any idea for lore let alone character design. Would they be female? Male? Robotic/cybernetic, perhaps even humanoid alien? Are they a mighty glacier, a glass cannon, a genius bruiser, or a fragile speedster?

Oh and I'm aware that this is my first post in this here forum. I was just so enthusiastic about an idea like this, since I originally conceived of the idea all the way back in late February this year, honing it ever since. So I thought I'd finally introduce myself with this concept.

Message 1 of 10 (325 Views)
Highlighted

Re: New Legend Concept: Audio-Visual Trickster

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there, @Wisdom-Eye sorry for that. It was taken by our spam filter and can happen on bigger post or if you do a lot of edits.

All good now. Standard smile

/Atic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 10 (322 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@Wisdom-Eye Heya! I love this idea and everything about it. Though it does feel a little powerful, the charge and cooldown timers could be excruciating to wait through. I'd say probably 32 seconds of cooldown, and a charge time of 365. The reason I went with such a long charge time is because of the linger. Also, Lifeline's ultimate takes 360.
As for the questions you've left open, I'd say they shouldn't be robotic in any form. The others are still a mystery.
Message 3 of 10 (288 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Thanks, I was thinking maybe I didn't follow forum protocols or something but you cleared it all up.
Message 4 of 10 (273 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Tempora_Draconis I agree with the cooldown period. Besides, it would give the Ultimate Accelerator a bit more love if another class were to depend on it.

I will try and come up with some ideas, including the personality of the Trickster and even where they'd generally fall under the Black & Grey Morality spectrum that seems to be prevalent. I was thinking they could be human, but otherwise ambiguous, and perhaps they could talk in a menacing tone. I'd also like to think of them as something of a loner, one that would sooner mess with the other legends than freely converse with one another.
Message 5 of 10 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I really like the idea of a player losing control. I really like the idea of messing with players' sounds and sights too, it would really lend itself to great surprises. And being able to dodge the tactical ability (due to its strength) would still give enemies an opportunity to retaliate- which is good. 

I also love the idea of messing with a player's HUD! Making them unsure of their health or if there's a grenade nearby would scare a lot of players who rely on "quick-reflexes" instead of analysis. 

Message 6 of 10 (223 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@StarMystro Y'know, the funniest part is that while analysis players would be relatively okay, us speed-analysists would be unaffected. For us, we rely on quick reflexes, but also the information we have. More often than not, we can be EMPed, grenaded, gassed and still escape the enemy team.
Message 7 of 10 (206 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@StarMystro Theoretically speaking, he could really shake things up when there's more than one squad duking it out in a general area.
Message 8 of 10 (201 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Nah nah But you gotta admit you've seen- probably shot-! enemies who... quickly run behind cover to heal, only to get swept while thinking they're safe. That's a reflex that's da~ngerous-! and we all know it!

Think of the players who sprint away when getting shot at without seeing their aggressor? Then we (and likely yourself @Tempora_Draconis) have shot them peons right in the back!

Message 9 of 10 (167 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@StarMystro You're right in the sense of I've clapped quite a few people while they thought they were safe. Fate is cruel to 'em.
Message 10 of 10 (145 Views)
Twitter Stream