Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: New Game mode - Assimilation

by Cabowse

Original Post

New Game mode - Assimilation

Champion

It seems like every day a new person writes to say that Apex needs a solo or duo mode, but I think rather than simply just doing that and following the trend Apex should do its own thing to put a different spin on it.

so I give you..

Assimilation

------------

Ones of the issues with having solos in Apex Legends is that characters, abilities and game mechanics are built around team play and the ability to be revived.

Assimilation starts you off as a solo player without any team members, 60 players would drop into the map as usual.

The difference being that if you manage to get someone into a downed state or find them in a downed state, you have the ability to either finish them off, or alternatively assimilate them onto your team by reviving them. You then become the team leader and only you can assimilate other people into the team (Maximum of 3).

You can only be assimilated once so there is no stealing team members. If you have been a team leader you also cannot be assimilated.

There will be a small icon above a downed player that is unassimilated so you know whether it's worth approaching them or not.

As the team leader you can boot people from your team if they are becoming a problem, and they will be unassimilated. They will then be available to be assimilated again by someone else or make a team themselves and kick ya butt for betraying them.

--------------

I'm just getting the ball rolling here but I'd love to hear ideas or possible criticism that we can work around and make this mode the best it possibly could be!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I love this idea. However, if you are kicked from a team, will there be a cool down before your ex team mates can attack you? 

Also, if you are kicked from a team mid game, the chances of you find another squad with a space available will be pretty slim, so that will be unfair on the kicked player.

And I think you should be allowed to be assimilated more than once, except team leaders. If no one can be assimilated twice, it will turn into a normal trios game once everyone has a team. You can only assimilate players who belong to a team when the entire team is downed or if their leader is dead. 

Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

Champion

Yup all of the stuff you've said makes total sense and I was thinking about having a cool-down as well before! Also a clear warning that your team-leader is ditching you, perhaps also a temporary movement speed bonus to help with getting away?

I think if you're a player that's been assimilated then you've already been killed and given another chance so I guess you could always kill your old team-mates to make it even? haha

It's complicated at the moment so the more we can simplify it the better really!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 3 of 3 (109 Views)
Twitter Stream