Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: New Character Idea

by SuNd4wN_TV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Character Idea

★★★★ Novice

So i wanted to share my idea for a new character with the community to see what they would have to say. I have never done this before i am a pretty shy person and don't usually share my opinions with anyone but, i do come up with a lot of cool awesome ideas for games. Anyway  so i noticed they only have one tracker into the game and i started thinking to myself what kind of new character could they add that would be able to track people in a cool why and here is what i came up with. A native american character where his tattoos would come to life as his abilities kinda like that one bad guy in elektra. (click on link below to see image) Like for example for his regular ability he could send out an eagle that would fly a 100 yards or so circling up and in the sky near the closest player. It could have a long cool down and it would be able to be shot down. His special ability could be that he sends out a pack of wolfs that will run and attack nearby down players to finish them off these would also be able to be killed like the eagle but i would say that the eagle can die in like one shot and the wolfs would have at least half the health of a normal player no shields though. Then for his passive skill he could have like an hibernate ability like a bear in winter lol so if he gets down he would fall asleep and after about 30 seconds he would be able to be self revived but he wouldn't be able to carry a player shield for when he goes down. Since i am part native american i thought this would be really cool to see. I am a pretty passionate person when it comes to video games so just once i would like to be able to design my own character in a video game. To be honest i hate battle royal style games but i really like to play overwatch. After my friends made me try to play this game i am pretty hooked on it now and like playing it a lot. Even know this post is probably going to get tons of backlash or negative comments because everyone on the internet is an angry troll but i still would like to hear what the community has to say about this discussion. P.S excuse the bad English i am horrible at typing and spelling so yeah Thanks and Peace.  https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=BA8E2789FF6919B69AB5DB739FA77065162C9F41&thid=OI...

Message 1 of 5 (551 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I love this idea! I feel like they would tweak it to make it more into their art style but a Native American character that works and fights with animals by their side would be something id never get tired of. If they wanted to put a Sci-fi spin on it the animals they travel with could be alien creatures but similar to the ones that you mentioned in your post, keep the ideas comin'! ( i have a ton of game ideas too, you should just post them and hope the devs see them, people are rude and will hate on them but just try and forget them, i try to anyway) Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (492 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I love this idea! I feel like they would tweak it to make it more into their art style but a Native American character that works and fights with animals by their side would be something id never get tired of. If they wanted to put a Sci-fi spin on it the animals they travel with could be alien creatures but similar to the ones that you mentioned in your post, keep the ideas comin'! ( i have a ton of game ideas too, you should just post them and hope the devs see them, people are rude and will hate on them but just try and forget them, i try to anyway) Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5 (493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for commenting on my forum post i appreciate it. I am glad you liked my idea. I saw some of the other posts, from other people that had a much better organized layout of there description for there character which i should have done. I also saw that people were coming up with interesting lore or backstories for there characters, as well which i should have also included. At the time i didn't really think of all that. This was kind of an idea i came up with in like 10 minutes. I was just really interested in what people had to say about my idea. My post didn't really get much attention. Otherwise i would probably go and redo it to make it better. Thanks again for the support and nice comment. I hope to see more people like you commenting on my posts in the future.

Message 3 of 5 (408 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Greetings

I have also recently been pondering over potential character options for the future and have ended up compiling a short list of ideas that I currently have

Character

- ability short cooldown
- ability long cooldown

RockIt

- Personal Rocket Booster Pack (rocket boosts player up and forward for 3-5 seconds while being able to fire weapons whilest in operation - has some small level of player control after launch)
- Team Relocation Rocket Device (team relocation via a landed rocket with outer seating arrangements. The rocket boosts up to a simmilar hight to the Drop Ship where upon players are regrouped for travel upon descent)

Dronesalot

- x2 Attack Drones (You send in highspeed legged ground drones which emitt small area of affect proximity scans and give small arms support. They can highlight bombs, traps, and players at close range within an area of affect. Each proximity scan is every 3 seconds)
- x1 Skydrone (A small armored quadrotor drone is launched straight up from its current location. This provides a wide area enemy proximity alert scan every 5 seconds. The ability signals on the map a red dot for and a brief second and it also shows as a players outline in red when seen visually, however the drone can be destroyed if noticed by the opponent)

Energizer

- Personal Shield Regenerator (x1 shield regen per use, x2 self shield heals)
- Team Area Shield Regenerator (area of effect team shield regeneration per second to players within circumference)

Chemcoco

- Syringe Dart Gun (highlights any team player and fires with a auto lock system, x2 shots of a medium/long ranged Syringe heal, can also self cast)
- Adrenaline Boost (while active increases movement speed by 10%, +10% less recoil, -10% damage taken - works as a slower speed boost than Octane, but which has a longer duration of the adrenaline abilitys total duration)

Sparks

- x2 EMP Pulse Grenades (Throw EMP grenades that kill drones and does area of affect shield damage per second. Pulse per second causes x1 shield loss per second to all players caught within area - the grenades pulse for 3 seconds total)
- Overcharged Shield Shell (invulnerable for 5 seconds, but also unable to fire and movement speed decreased by 25% - however the shields are regenerated to maximum upon leaving invulnerability overcharge)

Subterfuge

- Bomb Tunnelling Devices (target area, x5 spread, explosive damage, also gives smoke wall barrier - with a small strike area compared to Bangalore, however the detonation would be after a 3 second countdown heard as 3 beeps increasing in sound pitch)
- Team Tunnelling Relocation Vehicle (equal to maximum travel distance of the Rocket Relocation but with a longer cooldown - upon activation has a maximum of 30 seconds before launch - all entered team members are relocated upon players launch where upon players will have 10 seconds to choose a position on the systems map before it is chosen automaticly at random).
Note: only certain areas with the terrain requirements may be selected on the map

Hopefully this may be of some insipration or food for thought at least. If you also have some ideas lets see what we can come up with, I see potential for many characters as long as the game remains well balanced. Speaking of which, the details of the character ideas shown above would most likely need some finer tuning to accomplish an equilibrium. Ow and the character names i literally just came up with, so i most likely wouldnt regard them to highly. :P

Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @FlamingSpark ,

Great and interesting idea! Never be shy, especially when you have good imagination as yours

Message 5 of 5 (177 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help