Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Limited time game mode: Prowler madness!

by CZONG1103

Original Post

Highlighted

Limited time game mode: Prowler madness!

★★ Novice

A suggestion for a limited time game mode.

The ring system needs to undergo scheduled maintenance however the Apex games must go on!

In this new limited time game mode prowlers are steadily released into the map's areas that would normally be covered by the ring. This leaves the whole map available to play being divided into a safe zone free from prowlers and danger zones slowly flooding with vicious packs of prowlers. Prowlers within 75m of you will be aware of your presence and move to attack. Packs are always on the move so there is no hiding for cowards!

Care packages will continue to drop across the map giving you the chance to risk prowler attack for high tier loot.

As each "ring" closes the ring behind it raises in threat level ranging from low to extreme.

Upon "final ring" all prowler across the map will rush to devour the remaining squads, finish your foes before you become a prowler's dinner!

Example of the "rings" in the attached pic.

I would like to see something a little different to armed and dangerous in the future, hopefully you guys do too!

Potential flaws

I originally suggested this on reddit to (where one guy suggested I post it her) and there were two main concerns; 1 being lag and the other being pathfinder. 

I'm not sure how much of an effect the extra prowlers would have on a lobby maybe a smaller lobby (40 players) or quicker ring contractions would help.

Pathfinder could get to hard to reach spots for the prowlers, letting them do a "super jump" to reach these players would be a solution either that or involving flyers.

Message 1 of 7 (281 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Really good concept! I saw this reddit as well and just wanted to ask, are you able to kill the prowlers?
Message 2 of 7 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@CZONG1103 yeah you can kill them but more will spawn in their place preventing camping away from the safe zone.
Message 3 of 7 (208 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@Vigal_UK But what about Camping Caustics and Watson’s? They totally destroy prowlers
Message 4 of 7 (182 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@CZONG1103 Actually, your only concern should be Caustic. Wattson has to be paying just as much attention as the other Legends. All she can do is redirect the Prowler's target, but Caustic can hold Prowler's in place while damaging them.
Message 5 of 7 (163 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@CZONG1103 By giving prowlers the ability to break doors he can only hold them back so long. They could be given the intellect to avoid gas.
Message 6 of 7 (143 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@Vigal_UK okay this could work around halloween time and imagine it in the dark but wow its very nice and neat tho i do agree with your flaws maybe add a bit of a night mode to this oh i just thought of something maybe just like the last halloween event they did players could control the prowlers themselves as well after they get knocked and killed
Message 7 of 7 (107 Views)
Twitter Stream