Re: Legend Concept - Brass ( Calculated Commandant )

by CZONG1103

Original Post

Legend Concept - BRASS ( Calculated Commandant )

[ Edited ]
Champion

Brass.png

This amazing art concept was found on Art Sation by Vladimir Lozovoy, after seeing it I was inspired to make this Legend Concept.

BRASS

BRASS (Real name: Vincent Dormwood) was a captain within the IMC for many years, he was one of the best strategic minds that the IMC had on their side. When the battle of Gridiron ended the Captain began to lose faith in the cause and tried to defect by setting up a meet with an old contact from Vinson Dynamics. Vincent's increasingly suspicious behaviour attracted the ire of Commander Scryer who used his stealth tech to spy on Vincent from the shadows. Vincent went to the meet on Solace and before he even knew what was happening Scryer appeared from behind the contact and pierced his knife through their back. He confronted Vincent and cut off his hands as penance before subduing him and put him on a ship for transport back to the main fleet. Before he could be incarcerated the ship that he was being transported on was attacked by an unknown group. Vincent was captured by a rogue group of simulacrums working in affiliation with Vinson Dynamics. Knowing that Vincent was the key to striking a blow to the already wounded IMC he was medically treated and his damaged body parts were replaced with a state of the art cybernetic system. After years of travelling and fighting with the simulacrum group Vincent decided to go it alone to try and track down Scryer, but through months of planning saw that maybe he could get Scryer to come to him by joining the Apex games.

Passive: Personal Guard - While reviving a team member Brass can aim and hip-fire his currently equipped weapon using his shoulder mounted arms. Brass can also hip fire weapons while healing.

Tactical: Tactical Adjustment - Brass will very quickly strafe 4m in the direction he is moving. Charges 2 - Cooldown - 15 seconds.

Ultimate: Superior Firepower - Brass uses both equipped weapons for 12 seconds, but is limited to hip-firing. Charge time - 200 seconds.

Notes about abilities:

• Tactical Adjustment can be used during Superior firepower.
  • While using Personal Guard Brass will fire in 3rd person.
  • Hip-fire accuracy for Snipers & Pistols is increased by varying amounts during Superior firepower & Personal Guard.
  • Hip-fire accuracy for Shotguns, SMG's, LMG's & Assault Rifles is decreased by varying amounts during Superior firepower.
  • Reviving an ally works on a toggle during Personal Guard, you must press 'switch weapon' to cancel.
  • Using Personal Guard while also using Superior firepower will end Superior Firepower prematurely.
  • If Superior Firepower is ended prematurely, the seconds remaining will be converted to ultimate charge. 

Notes about Legend

• Brass has a very Germanic sounding accent.
  • Brass has quite a cold personality but does have a sly sense of humour, generally gets on quite well with Wattson, Caustic and Bangalore, dislikes Octane and Mirage.
  • Hates people asking him to do party tricks with his arms.
  • Often forgets that he is no longer part of the IMC.
  • Will bark orders rather than suggest like Revenant, occasionally will double back and apologise unlike Revenant. 
  • Will talk about weapons in a nostalgic way when pinging them.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 16 (1,917 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cabowse I mostly just love his design. He's very distinct and would be easily recognizable at a distance, and that's one of the things that the devs typically look for in their characters.His overall gentleman design is very cool, plus the can would be such a cool heirloom if he ever got one. My biggest drawback though is that his Ult is defnitely overpowered, even at 75 health per spectre. having an ult like Revenant is tricky because in a way, you're changing the fight from a 3v3 to a 6v3. but in this case, you are LITERALLY turning every fight into a potential 6v3. it's like being 3rd partied every time you get into a fight. This, combined with his tactical, means that your team can continually put pressure on a team, and potentially make it so that instead of a team needing to deal 600 damage to kill your team, they would need to deal 1,425+ damage(your teams health+3 spectres health+ your teams rejuvenated health) just to fight one team, and that's asking too much of anybody. He would probably be more balanced if the specters were stationary, or if they were literally just meat shields, but then you're essentially getting a new Mirage as far as team use goes.

Obviously my intent is not to bag on you. because like I said, I LOVE the design. These are just my constructive thoughts.
Message 2 of 16 (1,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Condor442So the spectres would be more like meat shields as you've said, they would be pretty slow and they wouldn't stray far from the drop pod, not to mention their damage output would be pretty minimal. Imagine the dummies from the firing range when the easter egg is applied, but they have 75 health instead of 125 - 200.

They are there to serve as a distraction more than than anything, and to provide a bit of covering fire if you need to escape.

I feel that the ultimate is balanced by having a long cooldown time, not to mention the call in time would be similar to Lifeline's care package so not instantaneous. On top of this the Spectre's will malfunction after 60 seconds and fire at anyone in the area, friend or foe alike.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Message 3 of 16 (1,856 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cabowse I think I get that, but if the spectre is going to fire at people on it's own, then it needs to be REALLY weak health, like 30 max. otherwise, its 3/4 of a freshly respawned character, and thats like fighting two teams.
Message 4 of 16 (1,847 Views)

Champion
@Condor442 In a way yes, but the Spectre's unlike most players will be a lot easier to focus down as they won't move like a regular players. Not to mention if you've ever fought against a Spectre before you know that when they are damaged they fall to the floor and crawl around slowly before trying to explode.

If you've ever played Titanfall you'll know that wiping out a pod of Spectres is relatively short work, especially if they're bunched together. It'll make teams think twice before pushing you but it won't be an instant win for a team having them there.

Message 5 of 16 (1,832 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@Cabowse Maybe for the tactical, have he fire the gun/s currently holstered.
Message 6 of 16 (1,791 Views)

Champion
@CZONG1103 That was originally the idea but then I thought there would be some weapons that were much better than others and that you'd have to go running around with such a specific kit to make his tactical more useful. Having set weapons for it allows it to be more easily balanced. ☺️

Message 7 of 16 (1,771 Views)

Re: Legend Concept - BRASS ( Calculated Commandant )

★★★★★ Apprentice

So some tweeks come to mind regarding his abilities. Why not when rezzing, his robotic hands bring them up while you can aim and use your gun? The tactical reads as a double passive when it comes to the wording "while he retreats, revives an ally or performs any other kind of task." Quite a few legends don't have such an impact when it comes tactical. Having it do damage when it's been a theme that legends don't really do damage with their tactical abilities (10 or so damage if you hit someone with a bang smoke being the exception.) . Octane's ability is on a 1 second cooldown. Perhaps his tactical could be to reload the stored weapon or use an equipped item without having to stop an action. Ex. Shield battery while giving yourself cover. Keep the slow movement so there's counter play but it's making the character revolve around the double arms and not in a pure offensive nature.

I mean you could even have his arms pick up ammo and items (Not guns) while running past them if it's ammo/items not full in your inventory. Another passive idea. 

And his ultimate. (Since forge is so far presumed dead). As an idea, have him be able to grab and slam an opponent or throw a loot bin. CQC is a thing and it would be a good counter to the already strong cqc legends like Gibby who's been in a really strong light. Again I'm highly emphasizing on his two extra arms because to me that's awesome concept and has a lot of potential. I wouldn't do specters at all. It makes no sense.

Message 8 of 16 (1,645 Views)

Champion
@Athens_Shield You bring up some good points and ideas!

You may be right about the Spectre's, I'm going to have a bit of a rethink on a few different aspects and try to create something that fits a bit better.

Message 9 of 16 (1,636 Views)

Champion
@Athens_Shield Had a go at a re-work, see what you think!

Message 10 of 16 (1,624 Views)