Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: LEGEND CONCEPT: DUSK (pls see i put effort on this XD)

by Salturation

Original Post

LEGEND CONCEPT: DUSK (pls see i put effort on this XD)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Bloodhound is the only tracker I've seen in Apex Legends so I thought it would be great if I would suggest a legend with a class like him. Raised eyebrow

Here's my Legend Concept, Dusk

dusk1.png

to light a candle is to cast a shadow.

Dusk is unknown. Most of his body is made of shadow, he can't tell if he's human or not

Here are his skills

PASSIVE: DARK PRESENCE

dusk2.png

His passive is Dark Presence. He can track enemies by trails of shadows. He can run a bit faster in a place where this a shadow (example: shed). The trails of shadow fades over time.

TACTICAL: SHADOW STEP

dusk3.png

His tactical is Shadow Step. He can blink at any direction. It has a cooldown of 20 seconds which is great for escaping and attacking the enemy team. This is also great for backstabbing enemies.

ULTIMATE: BLACK VOID

dusk4.png

His ultimate is Black Void. He blankets an area with a darker shadow unlike other shadow found in the game. He can spot enemies that are in the shadow. This has a cooldown of 100 seconds. This also works well in the open battlefield with his passive that makes fast in shadows. The shadow will fade in 30 seconds.

NOTE:

-The shadow that's been released by him will not fade by sunlight.

-He can only run a BIT faster in the shadows

-He is hard to see in the shadow that was created by his ultimate. His form will change when he stands in his shadow. His body will be surrounded with shadow like a ghost

-His tactical would make a noise like a ghost or a loud faint

-Blink through walls? What can u say HM? 

-He can ONLY blink in the place where there is shadow

-When he blinks he will leave a trail that enemies can see for 1 second only 

UPDATE:

-His form will change a bit when he stands on his shadow created by his ultimate. His form would still look like him but his body would be surrounded by his shadow like a ghost.

-His tactical would make noises like ghost or a loud faint to make it predictable and not too op.

-He can only blink in the place where there is shadow that way when he wants to attack an enemy in an open battlefield he will be needing his ult to use his blink.

-When he blinks he will leave a trail that enemies can see for 1 second only 

dusk.png

I really like to hear your thoughts, opinions, suggestions about my legend concept. I will entertain any questions. Thanks for checking my legend concept btw hihu. -Salturation

MY POST IS BACCCC

Message 1 of 28 (1,082 Views)

Community Manager

Would the teleport be like a "blink", an instant jump forward? I wonder if it'd be balanced to allow a bigger shadowstep but only allow it towards a patch of shadow? That way enemies have to be wary of the shadow, but they can also bait careless Dusks. 

Also would there be any way to burn away shadows, maybe via arc stars or thermite?

Anyway, fun concept, keep them coming Standard smile

Message 2 of 28 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think there's no way to counter the shadow he made

But it's not like Bangalore's Tactical like it would be hard to see on your screen it's just a shadow on the ground because it will be too op

For your suggestion of the shadow step its very nice idea but if he blinks on the place with no shadow the distance would be short. 

Message 3 of 28 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I like the basic concept of this hero but I would change a few things. I would increase the cool down and possibly the range of his tactical. Maybe make it teleport 10m with a 20 sec Cooldown. Also can he teleport through walls?

I guess I don't really understand the ultimate. Does it make it harder for enemies to see? I think it would be cool it it kinda had an effect that made enemies  vision worst while they were in the dark void. Lastly I think it would be cool to add an effect that makes Dusk harder to see/spot when in a shadow. Almost like an invisibility but he's just all black or a darker color.

These are all my opinions though. Love the concept and effort put into this. Ill be waiting for your next submission       

Message 4 of 28 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Actually the Tactical works like a blink imma edit that out that's why it only has a 10 sec cool down. Going through walls might be good but the thing is how to like target through the wall?

The ultimate only makes a shadow on the ground and it doesn't affect enemy vision Coz it would be too op already 

But I like the teleporting to the wall though.

It's a great idea for Dusk to be harder to see within the shadow so imma update it

Message 5 of 28 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I think blink would be too OP. Maybe like:
TACTICAL: Shadowbind: Targets and binds into a Legend's shadow. Bound shadow will leave shadow trace which only he can see.
PASSIVE: Shadow Walk: Walking in the shadows yield 10% movespeed.
ULTIMATE: Shadowstalk: Grants invisibility for 10 seconds. While he is invisible, his shadow is still visible

Message 6 of 28 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yeah i also thought of that too but dont worry i adjusted the tactical to 20 seconds because i saw that the blink is actually pretty useful in complicated situations so thanks for the suggestion

but for your suggestion for the skills imma stick with mine for a while 

Your idea of the ultimate is much more like Mirage's but with no mirage i like it tho

Dusk's ultimate is like Bloodhound actually but in a limited area

but thank you for checking and giving your thoughts about my legend im happy to entertain your questions and also to everyone here

Message 7 of 28 (895 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

finally my post is bacccc thank u EA community

Message 8 of 28 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
its a nice concept maybe its gonna need some few tweaks but that's all part of the character submission but overall its a unique and a nice concept Standard smile xDD
Message 9 of 28 (834 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

thankful youu I am so happiness about your comment hihu

Message 10 of 28 (830 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help