Re: 10 years later: Your first creature

by FUNGUSMONSTER

Original Post

★ Guide
Hey, your creations are really good, @Lumavah!

I'm also coming back to SPORE these days and I'm having so much fun with it! What's your Spore name so I can add you as a buddy?
Message 21 of 31 (1,893 Views)

★ Guide
@GruunSalpa Wow, these two creatures are really good, and they also show how you grew as a creator. Congratulations, they're beautiful!
Message 22 of 31 (1,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I brought Spore on the day of it's distribution and I had already made some Bird-Men (Avis-Sapiens) as my first Spores along with E.T. the Extra Terrestrial. (As for the latter, I lot of people were doing E.T.) Both they're earlier builds are long gone now after uninstalling & reinstalling the game until I used up the times I could reinstall the game ( They had a word for this I don't remember, but it had something to do with anti-piracy.) As for my first two creations, I have originally designed them in the Creature Creator Demo and recall having to rearrange the wings on the birdmen after getting the full version of the game installed. 

AVIS-SIMIAN.png

ETTHEXTRATERRESTRIAL.png

The creature that I ended up first evolving was my Golden Ramtaur here.....

GOLDEN RAMTAUR.png

I have many others to share, but little time to dig them out here is another famous Spore.....

SHMOO.png 

Message 23 of 31 (1,813 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

BTW, I've never been able to complete the game. Working on that right now and I also brought all versions of the game and it's spin off on Steam since I couldn't use my original disk anymore.

Message 24 of 31 (1,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My birdmen are actually called Avis-Simians and I'm known as FUNGUSMONSTER if your trying to find me.

Message 25 of 31 (1,810 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @FUNGUSMONSTER, I added you as a buddy! I'm playing it these last couple of weeks and adding some people to my game so my Sporepedia could grow a little more.

I remember when I could get my hands in the complete edition of the Creature Creator. I had great fun playing the trial version, and when I managed to get the full edition it was my favorite thing to play for months!

Message 26 of 31 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Glad to hear from yah.

Message 27 of 31 (1,750 Views)

★★ Novice

lilly.png

This was my first Spore creation. A weird pink lanky winged creature I called 'Lilly'. I thought it was cute when I made it, keep in mind I was only 7 back then. It's weird to think I started playing 10 years ago. Time flies. Large smile

Message 28 of 31 (1,673 Views)

★★ Novice

When I was 11, I made my first save file. I followed my creature, the Polaris, all the way through from cell life to civilization. It meant a lot to me. I loved dragons back then (still do!) and wanted to make a dinosuar/dragonlike creature. Sadly, that old laptop, along with the save file, got lost through time.

Thankfully I had made a Sporepedia account. I still had data of my first creation! The Polaris was my only GA Captain at the time, and it was also my avatar there! So I was able to recreate my beloved Polaris many years after their creation. In the new version, I went for a more bird-style approach. It's not perfect, but I still love both versions of the Polaris species and am happy to have been able to remake them.

oldvnew.png

Message 29 of 31 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh god i don't even have a picture of it anymore... i called it makoto i believe...

Message 30 of 31 (954 Views)