[READ FIRST] Common Issues and Solutions

by kl4ndri

Original Post

Re: Common Problems, Read This Before Posting!

★★★ Newbie

I bought the ultimate collection a little while ago and whenever I play Red Alert 3 Uprising the game speed is entirely too fast. This is only a problem with Uprising, the normal Red Alert 3 runs perfectly.

Is there any way to slow it down? I like my matches to run longer than 15 minutes. 

Message 61 of 69 (14,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the ultimate collection a little while ago and whenever I play Red Alert 3 Uprising the game speed is entirely too fast. This is only a problem with Uprising, the normal Red Alert 3 runs perfectly.

Is there any way to slow it down? I like my matches to run longer than 15 minutes. 

Message 62 of 69 (14,411 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this one problem for a while now. With both Red Alert 3 and Tiberium Wars 3 (plus all the DLC) I cannot save at all. The programs each work fine, but when I try to save, I just receive an error box saying "Save Game Error." When I tried to fix this, I eventually stumbled upon "My Documents" (I mainly use a Mac by the way so on PC I am over my head.) I took a look at both flies for Red Alert 3 and Tiberium Wars 3 and both were empty apart from a single folder labeled replays. I have reinstalled several times each, I have downloaded the patch for each, but nothing works, and I have run Origin on the Admin account.

A small but crucial point is that I am running Windows XP through Parallels on my Mac, so some problems may come from that, but both OS are independent so they should not affect each other.

This is a huge problem and I cannot fix it with my minimal PC knowledge. If any specific information is required, I would be happy to tell you.

Message 63 of 69 (14,326 Views)

Hero

I think savegames don't end up in "Documents", but in the %appdata% folder of the game. Open a file browser and just type %appdata% in the address bar and press enter. There should be folders for the games in there as well.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 64 of 69 (14,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I went into the %appdata% folder and there I found several files including one labeled Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars. In that folder, only 3 folders were present. MapPreviews, Maps, and Profiles.

what should I do next? Move the files into another folder? Add a folder called "save"?

Message 65 of 69 (14,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EDIT: I posted/moved this as a new thread

--------------------------------------------------

Game: C&C Generals and Zero Hour original OEM CDs and keys no cracks hacks or mods

Some Specs: Windows 8.1 fully patched tried two diff video cards NVidia GTX 260 and now an NVidia GTX 590.

I've been searching the internet for about a week now. Only found 1 post that relates to my problem but no solution was provided. Nothing in this thread explains my problems either. These are retail version of the games, I have the original CDs and keys etc. Install the game fine, no problem. It doesn't matter if it's original installed, patched, w/ or w/o ZH patched or not...

The video freezes - it pauses. it's not network lag or anything like that. Every 5-6 seconds, the video will freeze... the sound continues to play with no problems, skips or loops and I can still move the mouse pointer but I can't click on anything, none of the buttons will trigger or I can't select units etc.... after about 2 seconds, everything returns to normal for another 5-6 seconds then freezes again. This happens even if I just load the game, touch nothing, and watch the intro movie/animation play under the main menu, it will freeze.. If I got into the main menu and just hover the mouse around the menu up and down, the buttons will highlight and unhighlight until the freeze... then a second later, back to normal.

Other than this issue, the game seems to play fine. I can change resolutions (even large wide screen 2560x1600) details no problem etc etc.. even tried 800x600 in low res.. custom with everything unchecked... I tried all the comp[atibility settings.. I tried various INI options.. I extracted INI files from BIG files and set frame limits etc etc.. I checked security I set ownership etc etc... I'm stumped...

I can provide more details and/or videos and screenshots if needed...

-Steve

Message 66 of 69 (14,226 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

Im having issues playing Red Alert 2 and YR. The game is moving fine up until I move the mouse. It actually freezes while the mouse is moving then starts right back up when I stop... Pretty weird since theres ZERO lag unless I touch the mouse... Mouse trails are already disabled and I downloaded the latest version of .net framework per the link. Still freezes while moving the mouse. Any other ideas? My OS is Windows XP Professional. 

Thanks!

Message 67 of 69 (14,030 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got to say Kl4ndri you shown most detailed issue for this game leading crashes by or from.

Am impressed really :D

But not mention solution for windows 10 users?

Am sure much of what you said are very helpful but you know EA is EA so they need to implement other crap that make us unable to run the game.

So Am just gonna post this for only windows 10 users.

Resolved issue C&C General & Zero hour for Windows 10 users.

Open Installation folder for Origin games "Example"----> C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour.

Inside Open either C&C General & Zero Hour folder ---> Find specific .dll file called dbghelp.dll select the file and delete it.

Problem solved directX 8.1 error Issue!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 68 of 69 (9,548 Views)

Re: [READ FIRST] Common Issues and Solutions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In this threat i just want to add something,
for all kinds of Driver installation, you can install all kind od Driver by downloading Driverpack solutions 2023

for Windows Operating System you can download from the below links.
Download Windows XP SP3 ISO Bootable
Download Windows 7 Professional ISO
Download Windows 10 Pro ISO

Message 69 of 69 (2,731 Views)