Re: One-stop C&C info thread

by h7a43kbbfn15

Original Post

One-stop C&C info thread

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Many of the issues people have with Command & Conquer games repeat, and some of them emerged after the current pinned threads were made. So, to consolidate all solutions and to make things easier to find and link back to, I've posted these community solutions in a unified thread.

Installation / patching

In order to get your game up and running, try installing and patching the games using the tech guides from CNCNZ.com. These are categorized by game, and cover all possible versions of the games:

• retail
  • freeware (where applicable)
  • Steam (where applicable)
  • Origin (individual games, where applicable)
  • The First Decade (where applicable)
  • The Ultimate Collection

There are also guides for the entire The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection compilations for those who love C&C so much that they absolutely have to have all the games installed at the same time, as well as quick instructions on how to install DirectX 9.0c and bypass (legally!) the recent block of the SafeDisc driver in modern Windows operating systems.

These guides are done step-by-step, but don't forget to look at the notices at the bottom of the pages for classic C&C games, such as specific Windows 8/10 fixes for Red Alert 2 and setting up custom resolutions!

You can find the guides here: https://cncnz.com/features/technical-support-help-guides/

(If the staff would prefer, I can transfer individual game guides to here, but the reason I didn't is that they're kinda... big.).

Multiplayer

For most of the Command & Conquer games, the official multiplayer servers are down. Luckily, fan-made alternatives exist, with communities large enough to get games going.

Tip: peak times are in European evenings.

These games can also be played in LAN emulators such as Evolve, LogMeIn Hamachi and GameRanger.

If something changes, I will update the first post, or ask a CM or Hero/Champion to do it.

Message 1 of 6 (13,877 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome! Thank you for the information!

Message 2 of 6 (12,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@plokite95 YOU ARE A [Edited] GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

[CM Edit: please cut out the swearing/filter avoidance, we made some minor edits to the post. You can view the forum rules here] 

Message 3 of 6 (7,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Really EA? have to go to a 3rd party site run a janky .exe and hope its not infected?? fixed tuc launcher fixed the issue. it said origin but im guessing its the first version of the EA app

Message 4 of 6 (4,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Honestly thank you so much for your page.   

Message 5 of 6 (2,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks, but what do you mean?

Message 6 of 6 (1,312 Views)