Re: dont have ssleay32.dll. origin repairs and says its fine. Its NOT!

by Cervanthes

Original Post

Re: Continuously getting an error of "missing ssleay32.dll" when i try

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I absolutey love the C&C titles, EA removed my access to some hard copies on previous PC's due to buying a new GPU and CPU. I only ever had two PC's so they lied about the licencing and I got nowhere trying to resolve that. I have upteen various hard copies of the various C&C titles I don't use anymore due to them basically stealing from me.

I built this new PC to play games on, using STEAM, Ubisoft and Origin, for new games only bought online. I again bought all the C&C titles.

I recently tried to download the Crusader game on the house, fail. "Error: 131079:6"

So I thought nothing of that, went to play C&C Kanes Wrath. "missing ssleay32.dll", found the same error for every C&C title.

So I uninstalled those games, now I cannot re-intstall, every origin game I own, "Error: 131079:6" when downloading.

Edit, Live chat was not much help, but I persisted and got there.

I traced the lost file to antivirus/anti malaware removing a file when I had some false positives with old C&C titles, i think this must have led to a registry path change/deletion for the download folder. None of this showed up in various diagnostics.

To cut a long story short, I uninstalled Origin, cleared the appdata cache, used CCleaner, renamed the original download folder. I reinstalled origin as admin, original location, it created a new games folder, I renamed the original folder and merged them.

I will hazard a guess that the missing dll file will have been replaced with either the new origin or C&C titles. That the download issue was solved as creating a new folder created a new path.

Message 31 of 35 (5,220 Views)

Re: Continuously getting an error of "missing ssleay32.dll" when i try

★ Guide

This has effected my C&C3/C&C3KW.

I want to use a disc to launch the game using a MOD, and the disc doesn't work.

If EA fix the DLC version, then I can play MOD's just like before.

It came after an update in April.

Message 32 of 35 (4,659 Views)

Re: Red alert 1 ssleay32.dll

★★★ Newbie

The same problem happend to me and the problem was caused by my Advanced Protection System which I run from time to time to check on system bugs, malware etc. This Protection system deletes the 32dll and also the Xmtipatterns4.dll and than you can not start the games anymore. May be your malware check system does the same. I requested the malware Protection firm to look into this problem and they will provide an answer in 2 or 3 days.

[edit: email address removed]

Message 33 of 35 (4,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i have the same issue when i try to open the game of yuri revenge the ea app says fail to launch and when i try to do it as admn sais missing required file ssleay32:dll

Message 34 of 35 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for people encountering this issue not in relation to the CNC online launcher you can try bibbers or medstars fixed launcher for the ultimate collection  

https://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/  

https://github.com/Medstar117/CNC-Ultimate-Collection-Fixed-Launchers  

both do effectively the same however medstars is more up to date as we actively work on those 

Message 35 of 35 (476 Views)