Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour You have encountered a serious error

by taherfahmy

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour You have encountered a serious error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i did all these steps and nothing worked for me.

Message 11 of 67 (11,456 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@IDashTi860 You're sure you're getting a serious error at launch and not some other kind of error? Can you describe your problem in more detail? You're sure you've tried all these solutions?: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Generals#.22Technical_Difficulties.22_error.2...
Message 12 of 67 (11,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mrtnptrs yes i tried installing DirectX 9.0 and deleting dbghelp.dll but nothing worked.
Message 13 of 67 (11,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@IDashTi860Please again click on the link I provided and follow the correct instructions below ""Technical Difficulties" error/Serious Error". These should help you out. Please try them all, even if you've already done so. I didn't mean for you to follow the DirectX 8.1 error (Windows) instructions as you don't have this error (my link also didn't directly point to it so haha). 

Message 14 of 67 (11,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mrtnptrs i tried all these steps and still the game crashes on me
Message 15 of 67 (11,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@IDashTi860Can you describe the exact problem and error to me and tell me when you encounter this problem. Also, do you have The Ultimate Collection version or a CD-disk version of Zero Hour? Did you install any (community-made) modifications or mods to the game? Which OS are you running? Please answer all these questions in detail so I can help you.

Message 16 of 67 (11,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@mrtnptrsthe error says you encountered a serious error. serious errors can be caused by many things including viruses, overheated hardware and hardware that does not meet the minimum specifications for the game...

and my os build is 18363.657

i encountered this since i bought the ultimate collection from origin

Message 17 of 67 (11,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@IDashTi860That is really strange as those steps from the PCGamingwiki really resolve always all instances of a Serious Error with Generals or Zero Hour. You're 100% sure you followed all those steps and didn't skip one? You're sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date? You made sure the game runs with the dedicated graphics card from either AMD or NVidia instead of the crappy Intel HD-chip? (Can be done through the NVidia control panel for example)

Message 18 of 67 (11,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mrtnptrs just finished the drivers update and ran the game and still didn't work.
i uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing worked for me.
Message 19 of 67 (11,340 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@IDashTi860 Also running the game on your dedicated graphics card didn't work?
Message 20 of 67 (11,334 Views)